Sprue Cutter Showdown

I got fed up paying £50 for a set of sprue cutters and so replaced my old Meng single blade with Stedi MS-108s. Compared them to Godshands and couldn’t tell the difference.

Half the price and every bit as good.

1 Like

If yours are as good as Godhands, Zoukei-Muras are better.

2 Likes

I’ve no doubt about it, but the ones I have do the exact same job and cost half as much. Hence, I don’t care if they wear quicker or get damaged.

They say you only get what you pay for, but I used to get the most expensive tools I could afford all the time - for some things, experience has taught me that is the truly false economy.

1 Like

In my opinion, here’s a nice diagram that helps with getting the most out of a high quality set of nippers.

The two nip procedure. Step 3 is helpful with many types of nippers.

5 Likes

Godhands are too clunky to get into many tight spaces.

2 Likes

Opinions definately differ on that, i’m not disagreeing, just saying :wink:

1 Like

I agree, the sharp nose on the Zoukei-Muras rocks in many tight areas where my GH’s proved too clunky. However, the GH’s are sometimes easier to manipulate in some tight spaces due to being smaller.

Ideally, a pair of each!

2 Likes

looks at his hobby knife and wire cutters and frowns

2 Likes

They would like that wouldn’t they…lol

2 Likes

We all start somewhere…don’t frown

2 Likes

My first sprue cutters were a pair of finger nail clippers!

6 Likes

Just got a pair of the Zoukei’s , must say they are nice .
Sprue Brothers has them for 36.00

2 Likes

Added to the nipper collection, these arrived today via Amazon. Cuts as well as best nippers like GodHand, DSPIAE-Meng etc I’ve used.

P.I.T. also proved the excellent guide on how to use nippers in their Amazon add posted above.

3 Likes

I to have the DSPIAE series 3.0 single blade cutters and find them to be excellent in use.:+1:

3 Likes

I also bit the bullet today… Only a South Korean ebay dealer and BNA had them, so BNA I went for…

4 Likes

I dropped my God damneds and they landed tip first, of course and one of the cutting tips bent…

Bought a PIT cutter and I have to say I’m pretty impressed for the price, so much so I ordered a back up pair.

Over the weekend I bit the bullet and ordered a pair of the ZMs from MTSC.

They’ll be here this week.

edited for spellin

4 Likes

You dropped your, WHAT?, again.

3 Likes
4 Likes

GodHand sprue cutters,
typed in what I presume to be a fit of extreme irritation.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=GodHand

When I drop my sprue cutters and they land tip down there will be a mark in the floor …

I use these excellent El Cheapo cutters:

Plato Model 170, I think I bought a pack of five for a lower price a few years ago.
One of them has the print of ‘PLATO’ smudged a bit.
The one I am using has got some dents in the cutting edge so it may be time for the Dremel and the cutting wheel to grind new edges. When new they can cut hairs when the cutting edges are properly adjusted. Works for hard toenails as well …

5 Likes

You mean you don’t use the scissors from the kitchen draw - how odd.

4 Likes