Star Wars Alternative Camo schemes - Group Build Proposal

Was it the Bandai or Finemolds they reboxed? I am foggy on the details, it might be both. I would recommend using scalemates to figure which ones that might apply to. Not the end all be all of the list but a good first search.

For the first 3 kits, AAT hover tank was a new AMT kit, along with the Republic cruiser.

All released by Revell and pretty hard to get hold of, especially the cruiser
I know for definite the Revell reboxed the Bandai kits for Europe.
Andy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in. I’ve always wondered what AT Defense Pod would look like in Finnish camo. Well not really, but would build one anyway and I have Yay Monsters’ kit in stash. The AT DP has appeared at least in Star Wars Rebels.

Good information, I do recall a licensing fight where is was an issue for the US to get certain brands for a time. The drama has faded from the memory on the details.

Bandai are the best for sure, and revell sell them in europe, Bandai kits and box with revell sticker on side. Actual Revell kits can be soft on detail and some random scales. Finemolds are great but are out of production so hard to get a hold of.

I’ve seen the Bandai AT-AT and it is excellent, although quite small, and relatively expensive. I have the Bandai AT-ST and can’t wait to build it. And I’ve just found out revell are bringing the Bandai Y-wing and A-wing here in April.

And, revell have announced a 1/72nd Razorcrest for June!

2 Likes

I think some research and searching is in order… I definitely will be doing ground armour…

@iwatajim where did you hear that about the Revell of Germany making a 1/72 Razorcrest ship, can you provide me a link as I would love to read it.

1 Like

I have come across this resin kit from a video with no link to where it is from.

Has anyone else seen the maker?

star-wars-resin

2 Likes

@Mrclark7 I think it something to do with the table top game Star Wars Legion

How about here? Revell Announces 1:72 Razor Crest in 2021

1 Like

Looks like a nice kit if Revell get it right…

Probably be a crappy snapfit kit aimed at kid’s, unless Bandai have helped with it.

1 Like

The AT-ACT was a snap kit and with a little help via shapeways looks good. Snap doesn’t mean bad automatically.

1 Like

No, but going by Revell’s recent attempts at the Star Wars universe stuff I’m not holding out much hope.

1 Like

@JohnnyO got to it before me, thanks @Tank_1812. Someone on RPF, or maybe starshipmodeller posted about it and included the same link, near the bottom of the page. And obviously my German is rubbish, October for the Razorcrest, and June for the Bandai kits, I think…

Frankly I’m happier about the 1/72nd Ywing and Awing, but if the razorquest is even halfway good, I’m sure I’ll be purchasing it. I binge watched the two series of the Mandalorian over Christmas and I must say I very much enjoyed it. Frankly the best live action Star Wars content since Jedi as far as I’m concerned. Also watched the making of series, fascinating!

Cheers, Jim.

2 Likes

Likewise Jim, I got Disney + just for Dec so I could watch it all. I like how they brought some old characters back into it in a believable way.

1 Like

It is a definite much watch series for me. Really invigorated my love for Star Wars after the last couple of films.
Looking forward to seeing how it all pans out, espaically with Ahsoka looking for Thrawn.

3 Likes

The wife and I have enjoyed watching the series. As a matter of fact, I just restarted the series right now.

2 Likes

Yeah, I liked it so much It seems to have affected my avatar! When you watch how they made it, especially the first series, it is quite incredible. I’m glad I didn’t know how they did it before I watched it though, I was sure they had spent countless millions on sets and on location filming… and the fact they used the fan costume guys of the 501st legion for the mass stormtrooper scenes, priceless!

I suspect these are just reboxes of the Bandai kits

1 Like