Star Wars Alternative Camo schemes - Group Build Proposal

Yeah, that’s what makes me happy. It’s just about impossible to get either for a decent price here in the uk. I managed to buy the Bandai bwing for under £40 when revell repopped them here last year so hope to do the same with these.

Cheers, Jim.

1 Like

I’m hoping that Revell re-issue the Bandai figures, as I have General Grevious in my wishlist on Amazon (forgot to put it in my basket when it was released ), now there is only one available for £142 :joy:.
Andy :slight_smile:

1 Like

@betheyn surely eBay has them for a lot less money?

1 Like

No doubt there is, but too tell the truth I haven’t looked yet, just noticed the one in my Amazon basket and thought it was funny how some people think we are idiots :joy:.

Just looked, a little cheaper :joy:.
Bandai Star Wars General Grievous 1/12 Model Kit Japan version | eBay

Although it’s unlikely I will be able to participate I hope you won’t mind if I could ask for clarification on a couple of points…

1. Does it have to be camouflage or just a non-standard finish? I’m thinking there are some items that might look good in a natural metal finish (but probably with colourful markings/nose art).
  2. Does the kit have to be box stock or is a degree of modification permissible?

I was thinking along the lines of a Snowspeeder changed to a Sandspeeder in Afrika Korps markings, but while it’s easy for me to have ideas things tend to get in the way of my turning them into something solid. However, if I do manage to participate I promise it will NOT be a Fluorescent Pink C3P0 with matching handbag…

Regards,

M

Tom,

Here is my thoughts on the subject

1. Non-standard, cool if camo but doesn’t have to be.
  2. Whatever floats your boat, you can made mods if you want.
  3. You want a hot pink droid, knock yourself out your kit and money. The sand speeder idea sounds better to me.

Sand speeder in Afrika korps markings… holy s**t that sounds awesome! Especially if its painted German gray then sprayed over with dunkelgelb… :astonished:

@MoramarthT, Tom, as Ryan @Tank_1812 said with Non standard and mod it to your hearts content as long as you can see its still from the Star Wars time frame. I personally would love to see a Sandspeeder with Africa Korps livery :+1:

2 Likes

A quick rummage through the Accessible Stash has nixed the Sandspeeder, it ain’t there. There’s an original 1:32nd AMT Trade Federation Tank but that’s mostly tan-coloured already so it would have to be overall Panzergrau (boring) or a Late-War multi-coloured scheme. It’s easy for my malfunctioning brane to come up with daft ideas but the shakey hands means it’s difficult to make them work. Still, that might be an advantage if it comes to squiggly line camo…
“You want a hot pink droid, knock yourself out your kit and money.”
Nah, I was just being facetious, I’m saving that one for a Cyberman build on a Dr Who group…

Cheers,

M

1 Like

shame about the Speeder idea … but I may steal that one if I cant get a ATAT or ATST — The Trade Fed Tank would look good in a nice 3 tone or Splinter effect … :+1:

2 Likes

The AMT kit sounds good too.

I figured on the droid, more of example that all is ok to build if that is what the modeler wants.

Good point, always wise to encourage any build - however wacky…
Sometimes my attempts at wit show me to be a half-wit.

Regards,

M

1 Like

It’s all good. :beers:

Please feel free to do so: as a (mostly) non-builder my only real contribution to the groups I infest is mostly in the form of unsolicited (and usually irrelevant) comments. I lower the average common sense level by odd suggestions that are, for the most part, politely ignored. If I recall correctly, only one person has ever ran with one of my idiocies. A fellow built a very nice wrecker truck and was wondering how best to display it; the result was a sort of diorama base with the truck halted on a lonely road, a crashed UFO in the roadside ditch and the Wrecker Driver talking to an agitated alien…

Cheers,

M

2 Likes

Hey John. Just spotted this and it is the cheapest I have ever seen the AT-AT. tempted myself at that price actually. And they have the snow speeder for £25.

https://www.ams-paints-and-accessories.co.uk/pages/shop/product.html?product_id=140475656&

1 Like

Thanks Jim, I will keep that one on the radar. I’m up in the air between that and the AT -ST still :thinking:

Hi all, just a quick update for those who are joining in for this trip to a galaxy far far away … :grin:

Looking at the start date as still June / July but I would like some feedback as to whether to have it for 6 or 12 months ? to me 12 months puts people under less pressure ??

I like the idea of 12 months, the back half is open for me and a better chance for success. I have to many irons in the fire now.

1 Like

Ok, that settles it. And I dont think anyone will mind anyway … dates are: start on the 01 July 2021 and finish date of 30 June 2022.
And like you suggested I think Ryan, you still happy that people can just use a completed kit (Star Wars Universe) but do a complete repaint on it as per the thread theme ? After all, the important part of this one is the actual Camo scheme (although any builds that are done, we will love to see progress pics all the way through ) ?.