Star Wars Universe Alternative Camo Schemes Group Build

I concur - it would definitely be a very cool alternative scheme. :slight_smile:

Great to see the builds on here, well done all!

Would I be correct in thinking the all seeing beings who create and run this wonderful community intend individual campaign builds to each start their own thread under the campaign title thread? Apologies if I picked this up incorrectly, it makes sense in my muddled mind…

I started looking at the Bandai at-st kit and the next thing I knew it is a one legged headless chicken! What a little gem of a kit so far. I feel that Caunter scheme itch is going to get scratched!

Thanks, J.

4 Likes

I think the intent was the multiple threads under the campaign.

I think it depends on the modeler, if you going to do only a few pics to meet the requirements then a separate thread isn’t really necessary. If you do post a lot like you do and I appreciate that then a separate thread as not to get lost in the large thread is a good idea.

2 Likes

You can do either Jim. A separate build thread and link it to this one and just post update pics and bits in here, or just use this one and build , narrate and paint all in this one…
And you know that ATST has to be done now in that scheme… Crack on then Sir :rofl:

2 Likes

@Tank_1812 beat me to it lol :+1:… Glad to see you’re awake Ryan :smiley:

2 Likes

Having lunch now and then a nap. I went kayaking this morning and I am beat.

I am glad we agreed on Jim’s question.

2 Likes

On a totally different topic Jim, I ordered a batch of AK RC paints from AMS yesterday at just after 11 and it was here this morning !! Damn good service they do …
Secondly, do you still have some of the decals for the Mk10 you did ? I think you said you kept some of them ??

1 Like

Thanks Ryan @Tank_1812 and John @Johnnych01 , I’ll start a thread under this one and post occasional updates on here.

Yeah John, Mary is blooming” good with the postage, and has been very busy recently. I need to go and buy some more paints for this now! And absolutely I have those decals, in fact I looked them out when I took the pic of the instructions for you. Just pm me where you want them sent and I’ll post them, I just can’t guarantee the speediness of Mary’s courier service!

2 Likes

A small update. Assembly is mostly done

8 Likes

Any update is s good update Cody. Looks great :+1::+1:

Nice progress, Cody! Looks nice.

I am slowly getting paint on my rebel APC. Not much to show, but progress none the less. It has a very nice interior, so I am going to spend a bit of effort on it.

More to follow soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That does look well detailed Jesper. The AT ST cabin was the same, well detailed, but sadly you hardly get to see any of it once its altogether, and even less when I put the red windscreens in it. The inside looks good so far: will you just go for a heavy weathering on the inside area and a bit more colour in the cockpit for the controls etc ? ?

2 Likes

Thanks for the comment, John. Yes, I am keeping the interior pretty basic. I have added a bit of color and another layer of weathering, but that’s probably it.

Next I will work on the metallics on the engine and underside. Then it is time to close it up.

7 Likes

I think you have done a perfect job on the inside of that transport Jesper, the weathering is just right to give it a used hard life look. Really nice :+1::+1: the added pilot figure also looks very cool placed in there … Nice addition to the group build …

1 Like

Splendid build and painting so far, Jesper.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments, guys. Appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

More to follow soon :sunglasses:

Yes really nice work on that interior.

Got to get my backside moving and continue on my AT-ST which I have almost built and modded just need to decide how to camo the beastie.

Keith

1 Like

I hadn’t forgot Keith lol… Looking forward to it…any ideas at all on the cam ?

Torn on the camo, fancy a desert splinter type camo or a woodland type camo.
Under new management so not Anything remotely Imperial though the original grey may be visible beneath.
I’ll probably hit the desert scheme though as a base for it will be far easier.

Keith