Stryker Campaign Thread

Thanks, the metal barrel and the PE are included to the box.
The model is from AFV models, the other stryker I’m working one are from Trumpeter.
The box from AFV is more complex I find, a lot of very small parts.

Looks really good!

Thanks for the exposure of the fuel jugs, and the photos.
I have now only the 3 handle metal jugs on exercise, always labelled red or yellow.
So I have something to do for the fuel jugs.

grtx Jan

Good job on MGS Jan. On thing to look for on your next build.The ring on the rim is only attacked on the front left wheel. It serves as climbing aid for the driver. On all other wheels, the crescent moon-shaped device is attached. As for stowage. putting the rucks on the rear deck is not advised. This would block the roof hatch. Rucks are usuallly hung on the side stowage baskets. On more advice. Avoid Trumpeter Stryker like hell. It`s so crappy and out of shape that its only a waste of time and money.
@ Gino Green water cans are still around.I also saw tan colored fuel can last year.

Thanks for the advice on the wheels, good to now for the next build.
About the Rucks I now, but it isn’t the first to get lost after a tactical move. :innocent:
For the trumpeter kits, I have two they are not of the same quality as AFV but with some dedication I think for a starting builder good enough to start with. The MGS is from AFV and some of the parts are for my opinion just to far split up, 4 pieces for a part of 2mm is ferry small. I now some builders want it even smaller and more detailed, for me its difficult to handle.
But thanks for the advice, hope to learn al lot from you.

I never saw a green water can in 24 years of active duty service. I have seen pics of them so I assume there could be the odd one or two still out there though. As to the tan fuel cans, different batches/manufacturers use different shades of the sandy brown plastic. I have seen some lighter than others, but they were darker than the sand water cans.

I would like to see some aftermarket company kit up the big AC unit that the current MGS Stryker has on the front right side - it’s SO visible and outside my very limited scratch skills.

Like the unit in this photo from 18bravo Rob Skipper?

Yes, that’s the exact one. And I’ll give an unsolicited plug for 18Bravo’s Stryker walkaround - it’s truly spectacular!

1 Like

A Possibility for Michael Goldberg perhaps?

I appreciate all of your positive comments about the walkaround. It just got better. I revisited the facility at JBLM today, and got some great shots of the new DVH-A1, met a guy who builds armor and hopefully talked him into joining Armorama. Former 1st Group guy who actually knew a guy I graduated the Q Course with in '83. But the best part - I took measurements of that unit again as I lost the original ones I took years ago. I’ll do another one when I get home with the intent of making a mold this time.

1 Like

For myself and all your other dedicated walkaround followers, how do we go about getting the update to the walkaround when it’s complete?

1 Like

working on some details, painted the Rucks, fitting
changed the colour of the water cans

6 Likes

Nicely done all around. :+1: :+1:

Here starts my contribution to this campaign.
For my Stryker model I have taken a cue for this picture, showing a Stryker used in northern Syria in 2017.

As a base for my model I have used is the M1130 by AFV Club.
I have also used add-ons by Blast Models, Eduard and Real Model.

But, to get close to my reference model, I have 3D designed many new parts.

In the next post I’m going to share some pictures of where my work is as of today.

1 Like

Here some pictures.

I will write other posts to describe where I have used parts not coming from the AFV Club kit.

The model will be painted in desert sand (like the reference model), now it has only been lightly sprayed once with primer.

7 Likes

DVH Stryker conversion from member galactica available on Shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/7ACZBZXNJ/stryker-double-v-hull-dvh-a1-conversion-set?optionId=207474872&li=shops

Thanks for your efforts Ettore!

participate on the campaign maybe will help to get this one ready.
Stryker Mortar, firing at GTA range.
almost done just need that last little thing.

Basic_assembly_01

Basic_assembly_11

8 Likes

Lovely detailed build Jan and great finish to it… which kit is it ?

Very nice. Great job w/the Trumpeter kit.