Summer Nostalgia!

A little lower pressure and a thinner spray pattern might be what you intend. A filmy overspray on the outside, building up to a little more colour in the middle.

2 Likes

Ah, okay. I was at 16psi for this with an 0.2mm needle.

So thin it more and back off the pressure to 12 or so?

Fwiw the spiders there are me trying to clear the nozzle from what I’m guessing is tip drying.

1 Like

Painted the BRDM-2, plus a few details, but it’s far from done.

5 Likes

Is the fit really that bad or are top and bottom not permanently in place yet?

Is pretty bad, but I haven’t glued the top yet; it will require some sanding in order to blend it all in. Plus I still need to paint and glue the auxiliary wheels.

1 Like

That’s it for the weekend. Next will be finishing the cockpit floor piece, painting the seatbelts, clear coat, dark wash, and some chipping.

7 Likes

I dunno. Maybe? As if I don’t already have enough to do!

This one’s been in the stash since it was originally released in 1996, and the box shows it! I managed to snag a True Details interior and KMC seamless intake somewhere along the way as well. One issue may be that my AM decal sheets are about the same vintage, so who knows. Still, It’s an Sabre! How can I go wrong?

Michael :stuck_out_tongue: :crossed_swords:

6 Likes

Nice choice, Michael. I am sure it will look great in NMF and colorful decals! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Everybody,

While I’m pretty excited about this campaign, I’ve got myself in a bit of quandary. Seems that I have quite a few kits that would fit the bill, thing is I can’t quite commit! I think I’ve narrowed it down to three, so I’m tossing it out there, give me a hand!

1964 - Monogram P-40B with extras, pretty sure they’re mostly pre-2000.

1966 molds, 1993 release with PE - Monogram OS2U Kingfisher

2000 - Eduard P-39 (L, N, Mk.I, P-400) Profipack (great deal, no decals or instructions)

I look forward to hearing from everyone! Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

P40, no doubt.

1 Like

I vote P-40 as well.

I have started on my Mig-21 from KP in 1/48. A very old kit from the 1980ties.
I am spicing it up a bit with spare parts from Eduard Mig-21 kits for the cockpit seat and the engine.

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

IMG_2010

4 Likes

Hi mates,
found an old suitable kit (from 1998) in my stash and reason to glue it together.

It’s a nice old Tamiya kit, not many parts and clear fuselage halves to show off the internal fuel tanks etc.
I expect a fun build… :grinning:
Peter :raising_hand_man:

7 Likes

Welcome aboard!!

1 Like

Basic construction is done. I have decided to go with the Soviet “Red 17” mostly because of the very cool camo.

The decals are super old school. The entire decal sheet got a solid coat of varnish from the manufacturer, so I have to cut out each decal.

Underwing stores are stolen from Eduard’s Mig-21 kit.

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing this one. I considered that kit a few months ago and grabbed the Hobby Craft one instead.

Bit more progress on the M13. I built that while the Chi-Ha was curing.
Next to that one, which is exquisite for its age, this one feels and looks very crude. It does not match the Chi-Ha-kit in anyway.
But still fun.
Barrel is drilled out and now I am thinking about whether or not I should cat the mudguards.

6 Likes

Finally got everything buttoned up.

AK chipping fluid. Mr. Clear gloss in the instruments. Details ended up pretty good even without modern PE and decals. The exterior will be more challenging though.

11 Likes

John that’s a tough choice but an OS2U on a catapult rail . . . well how could you go wrong? :melting_face:

Cajun :crocodile:

1 Like

Spitfire you’re obviously no stranger to a/c models, that instrument panel is well done, I envy your talent.

Cajun :crocodile:

1 Like