Summer Nostalgia!

Welcome aboard!
I have this one on displa on my shelves…

1 Like

Thanks… Do you have a photo of it?

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, on the slip in the box they actually call it a capsule of glue… After 45 years there is not much, or better: nothing left of the glue part…

4 Likes

The Italian is giving me headaches. The tracks are too long!

@golikell Here you go. Note the pigeon on top of the Emperor!
This build is at least 15 years old. Gun with colonial troops in some French village, waiting for the “Boche”.

8 Likes

Nice and a nice touch, with the pigeon!

3 Likes

The Emperor needs a lot more pigeon droppings for realism. Or given it’s Napoleon, a liberal application of any form of ordure…
:poop:
Cheers,

M

2 Likes

Like this.

3 Likes

Exactly. An acquaintance (now deceased) made a scenery piece for a skirmish wargame portraying the activities of the Anglo-Scots Border Reivers, a gibbet holding one of their former comrades which was liberally coated with guano.

Cheers,

M

The ridge scraped away

and the much better fit resulting

a little putty to fill in the remaining gap

5 Likes

Some progress with painting now:

:raising_hand_man:
:raising_hand_man:Peter

9 Likes

Beautiful finish, Peter!

1 Like

it’s winter here :rofl: :rofl:

although i have a couple of old tamiya kits or a revell MC i need to build up

1 Like

Ready to receive primer. Actually a very decent kit, considering its age and the brand.
Placement of parts is sometimes a bit sketchy, but some googling for pictures of the original does miracles. This also showed that a ring to attach ropes to, to allow manual towing was attached to the front. So I made one.

5 Likes

…ready for decals now!
:raising_hand_man:

7 Likes

A little time in the paint booth.

9 Likes

Finally I decided to do this kit :sunglasses:(I found lots of late stug iv with OSTKETTEN tracks photos). It that okay to replace the tracks by recent ones?:thinking:

4 Likes

Go for it. Like I said before the rules are not set in stone. And the base kit is suitable. Now all to add is a dose of fun.
Enjoy!

2 Likes

@RonW
download (4)

2 Likes

OK change order 1. I am going to build Tamiyas Type 97 late, kit # MM137.Scalemates list it as new parts in 1987.I will save the Panther A for the Great ones build.

6 Likes