SUNDERLAND Mk. 1

Yeah @Johnnych01 , it’s fun to work on something being given away to a fellow modeler. Hopefully it will look nice on @ColinEdm shelf.

Kindly,
hg

1 Like

Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Well that is just an unimaginable loss HG - I don’t know how anyone carries on after a tragedy like that and I am very sorry for your loss.

Richard

4 Likes

Just allow me to use the flowery clothes pins as clamps. Shelly and Donelda were great souls and help me every day. The B-17 or the PZL ya da ya da. Life goes on… let’s not dwell on things.

No Need to reply Richard.

5 Likes

So sorry for your loss HG. The Sunderland is coming along beautifully.

2 Likes

Yeah, doing masking now… ugh!

1 Like

Masking is always such a chore lol… Pays dividends in the end … But ohhhhh the slog to get there … :+1::+1:

1 Like

Brother, ain’t that the truth :slight_smile: add Parkinson’s in the mix and you’ve got a comedy show.

5 Likes

OMG HG… I couldn’t begin to imagine how hard that must be… :cry:

2 Likes

Hi Friends,

A colorful update.

I used AK “real colors” on the pods and primed with Mr. Surfacer 1000. EZ Line goes on next. The line is much easier to add now as opposed when the pods are added.

DSC04671 (Small)

5 Likes

OOPS, forgot to add the picture. Sadly, there no cure for stupid LOL.

DSC04672 (Small)

5 Likes

The best tools really help. I adore my UMM-USA scribers. They are perfect for panel lines and removing flash.

Dry fit your pods to match up with the line you’re using for the cables. I’ll be spraying the insides of the engine mounts with light grey to add visual contrast. That may not be accurate, yet @ColinEdm might like seeing the engine work.

DSC04673 (Small)

Huge thanks to UMM-USA and Sunward Hobbies for sending my purchased gear over quickly and packed professionally.

6 Likes

Very nice … I am sure Colin will be a very happy bunny with this beauty on display :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks John. It’s comments of yours that keep my spirit alive.

1 Like

Just saw the thread yesterday… Nice looking beast you make out of it. Specially considering your situation… I stick around, if you don’t mind :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for those kind words Erwin. It’s really nice to do something for another modeler. Your work is fantastic.

2 Likes

You’re welcome… I also followed the topic about the Dutch fighter and you did great work on that one too. And I thank thee for your compliment. It is always nice if people appreciate your work, even if you are doing it for yourself…

3 Likes

Good to see you’re human like the rest of us. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have 01 and I have been working it overtime on the AMT kit. Projects looking good. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Cool, can’t wait to see some photos.

1 Like