SUNDERLAND Mk. 1

Beautiful work HG!

1 Like

Thanks @ColinEdm @Johnnych01 @justsendit @Russelle and everyone whoā€™s liked and commented. Plenty more to do still, but itā€™s shaping up to be a decent replica. Now for the fine touch-ups with the paint.

DSC04890 (Small)

I didnā€™t prime this model so I have to deal with the results of that. The paint-lifting will be corrected and ready for weathering.

6 Likes

I agree mateā€¦ 1/72 is a tricky beast when it comes to scale effectā€¦ I try to keep the weathering subdued and the blue tac worms quite small in diameter to keep the feathering to a minimum :hugs:

1 Like

Shame about the paint lift ā€¦ Do you sometimes not prime then HG ? I know some dont ?

1 Like

John,

It depends on the workload and how busy things are. Most of the time I prime the surface of major components. Small parts I flip a coin. This time the coin landed on its edgeā€¦ UGH! Hence getting bitten by the third side of the gold coin. Not a problem, the hand painted touch-ups look fine. Besides there will be plenty of weathering on @ColinEdm Colinā€™s project.

DSC04918 (Small)

More later today. God bless.

9 Likes

The hand painted touch ups look better than my airbrushing lolā€¦ :+1:

2 Likes

No way HA HA.

Well that was a masterful recovery from the paint liftingā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @Russelle Russ, sure am grateful this 1/72ā€¦ whew!

1 Like

All these parts need the flash to be removed. Itā€™s odd because the rest of the kit is almost clean (as youā€™ve seen). Oh wellā€¦ on ward and upward. Friends, think about picking up some rubber coated handles for the grip. They make projects so much easier and fun to deal with.

DSC04920 (Small)

Huge thanks to Sunward Hobbies https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/ for getting my supplies shipped over to me super quick. Please consider supporting a family owned and run hobby shop. More soon and God bless.

6 Likes

Hi Everyone,

The Sunderland gets some effort on my day off.

DSC04972 (Small)

The insides of the cowls are aluminum, but the back end should be a little darker due to greases and oil stains.

DSC04973 (Small)

Time to dull coat the replica.

More pictures after the paint dries.

6 Likes

Clear coat added YAY!

DSC04974 (Small)

10 Likes

Thanks @Dioramatin. @Dioramartin

Youā€™re most welcome HGā€¦erā€¦you mean thanks for saying nothing? Yeah I get that a lotā€¦well, I would, except nobody says soā€¦hmm youā€™ve sent me into a strange thought-loop now - quick, to the wine-cellar for the antidoteā€¦ :wine_glass:

Thatā€™s better. Mmmm nice tempranillo, Spanish 2017ā€¦where was I? Ah yesā€¦I have nothing to declare except your genius :clinking_glasses:

5 Likes

Cam has turned out greatā€¦ Lovely design all over :+1:

1 Like

Hail fellow Sunderlandians,

These side and tail wheels are done.

DSC04975 (Small)

Mr. Color 327 red has a nice amount of black mixed into the red for the FS.11136 blend. Itā€™s super tough to rind the right shadeā€¦ sigh.

DSC04976 (Small)

I had to some (eh, em) masking to make these look authentic. There are many more colors to down.

DSC04977 (Small)

A grey pin wash to help filth the edges, looks pretty cool.

Sorry for the few pictures, yet many hours were invested to make a fellow modeler grin. God bless.

8 Likes

Thanks @Johnnych01 John! It took some time, but turned out alright I think. It sure will help with the huge decals.

1 Like

DSC04975 (Small)
Where did you get the parallel line/ width measurement ruler, please

1 Like

Hi Frank @frank ,

They are made by Voyager Models. Also, I really like the Alexen Models tools as well. There are several companies that make similar products and they are all great time savers and make the tasks more fun and glide smoothly.

DSC04978 (Small)

5 Likes

Thatā€™s weird, the text didnā€™t show up. Iā€™ll try it againā€¦

DSC05073 (Small)

Masking away for several hours on the black underside.

DSC05074 (Small)

All in a days work, as you all know.

4 Likes