T-34/85 campaign

Finished assembly of my RFM T-34-85 #174 tonight. Total of 22 hours 7 minutes building. It needs a few touch ups, a bath :bathtub: to rinse the dust & finger grime off of it then its ready for paint. On a scale of 1 to 10, I’d rate the RFM kit a solid 9.5 as a build experience.

9 Likes

She looks great. Have you decided on the markings?

1 Like

Wow, you knocked that out fast

1 Like

Ive built one as well and they are simple, solid kits.

1 Like

@Tank_1812 Ryan, Thank you kit was a joy to build. Will probably use the kit supplied #357 markings and nick name the tank Magnum which translates as “магнум” as a pun playing off 357. If I can hand paint that successfully on decal film.

@Petro Marc, like Dan mentions it’s a very straight forward simple build. Very refreshing. The new Tamiya 1941 early KV-1 is a very simple excellent build that took me just under ~ 20 hours, this Ryefield is just as excellent in all regards plus has more slide molded parts and nice PE.

@Dan , Dan is agree completely. Of the three newly released kits I’ve build Takom Pz IIIN (disappointing) , Tamiya 1941 KV-1 (very nice) this is the first new generation kit that’s really lived lived up to the promises and expectations.

I ended up liking the kit so well I bought two more when Sprue Bro’s had them on sale and I haven’t bought 2nd & 3rd copies of a kit since Tamiya’s T-72 & T-55 came out way back:)

1 Like

Looks good so far Wade!

Small update on my '34, Ive painted all the steel chips and hope to get started adding rust later today.

2 Likes

I’ve built several RFM kits. While not Tamiya like, they generally go together without too much fuss. Yours looks to be no exception, a nice clean build. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

As promised the rust done.
I may have done a bit to much for a operational vehicle but I decided it will be covered in dust and debris and wet and dry fuel stains so Its better to make sure its not all covered up.
I used the paints in the picture for the effects. (Note the spare track links aren’t finished yet)

Next is to paint up the extra stuff like headlight, saw and spare track link.

5 Likes

base coated interior on the RFM T34/D30 - mig white & mig sand… need to weather it up of course as well as paint the details

4 Likes

t34/d30 progresses with some interior detail painting… need to scuff it all up a touch then can join top & bottom… not 100% with the sand colour, need to check I have the right one when it comes to the exterior - could be with pale grey to desaturate that it looks ok - just looks too “orange” at the moment…

4 Likes

Damn…after looking at all these interior pics, I’m gonna have to add a canvas cover to hide my scratch built D30 opening. I’ve already trashed the 122mm gun that was a white metal clump of junk, and eventually will have to re-do a replacement by using Trumpy’s 122 (already saved the RB replacement) and add some PE. I’m kinda spying in from time to time on your build, just enough to keep me honest in the things I need to do my 20 year old scratch build.

1 Like

Slowly moving along on the RFM T-34-85 #174, sprayed the base coat of black today. Progress is slow because I,keep side tracking to other models, like the new Tamiya KV-1 which also got a base coat of black today. Hope to shadow paint (pre/post shade) both tomorrow.

Working on the RFM T-34-85 did get me started working on my old started in 1997 Dragon T-34-85 again. It’s ready for gloss coat & decals finally.

7 Likes

ok.
as I am true to my word (mostly :smirk:),
here’s the beginning of my entry. Tamiya’s 1/35 T-34/76, 1943 version. as you may be able to see, I accidentally glued a piece onto the barrel, and the white scars of frantic ripping are inevitably there. and then, I realized that well, I did NOT paint the pieces before I put them together. unfortunately, this has happened more than once.
as of this moment,
I do not know if I am going to whitewash or what.
I haven’t really ever been amazing at chipping or camouflage, but, I will try my best.
Cheers!
L

3 Likes

Logan,

Thanks for joining, unfortunately this campaign is for the T-34 big boys. Pretty much everything but the 76 gun version.

well, uh. great. :grin:
Cheers!
L

Arnold's “I'LL BE BACK” From THE TERMINATOR Tops Movie Quotes Brits Love To  Say | TheTerminatorFans.com

6 Likes

Get a RFM version as it’s a great kit

1 Like

@Dan, is on the mark, the RFM T-34-85 rocks!

1 Like

Working on painting & finishing the RFM T-34-85 #174. KV-1 is there for moral support.

6 Likes

Nothing wrong with a little support, both look very nice. :+1:

1 Like