T-34/85 campaign

Looks like I’ll be joining this one. Have this one ready to go:

as a side note, I’ll also be working on one if not most of these as well:

Just so they can keep my entry some company.

3 Likes

@35thScale_Bro, thats quite the stash of T-34’s!

2 Likes

What no Border T-34’s?

1 Like

D*mn you’re fast!
Looks good though!

1 Like

Ha ha, I’ve got plenty more actually. :smile:

After a bench session yesterday, this is how far I got.

4 Likes

A good start

So now that I have actually opened everything up, I find that the PE which is for a Factory 112 vehicle isn’t really appropriate for the Factory 183 “Berlin” kit as it doesnt use a bunch of parts or they will be covered. So I did what any normal person would do which is adapt what I had for the kit in question and put the rest away in the spares box…

Nahhhhhhh…

I went out and bought the Factory 112 kit :grin: The Airfix kit is a rebox of the Academy kit so will work perfectly!

I will be building the Factory 183 vehicle with bedspring armour completely OOB but I will also be building the Factory 112 vehicle alongside with all the PE etc.

3 Likes

thanks to a build of the MiniArt Egyptian T-34/85 I am following elsewhere I now have this - left side wall done (needs 2 seats on the left which are the only real part of the actual vehicle I have evidence of but they can wait for the front to be done), went with only 1 fire extinguisher. Right hand side only seems to have a couple of things

4 Likes

Wow Robert, great start!

1 Like

Well gents… I took a dive into my box as well. And Zvezda has some surprises!
First of all there’s a box inside the box, not the usual lid to be lifted. Then there is only 1 sheet of paper for the buildinginstructions. Then there is a seperate sheet showing the sprues laid out and number and a small sheet of glossy paper in colour, showing the coloyurs and markings for 2 versions; one on each side.
Zvezda has also this neat feat, where you put the 2 tracksprues together to for a template for assembling your link 'n length tracks.
Interesting. Oh yeah… the sprues come in a rather vibrant shade of “Russian green”…

The idea is to depict a vehicle as used to crush the uprising in the DDR (former East germany) in june 1953.

3 Likes

Interesting idea with the track guide, I think I like it. Would have been nice if wrapped all the way around to meet the bottom piece as well. Something is better then nothing if you need help. I want to add one of their new T-34’s to the stash.

That’s green!

the T-34/D30 continues - seats and controls in (not 100% accurate but fills the space in)… thought I was done but then as there is a machine gun I need to add the spare ammo racks (I assume that is what it is in front of the right hand seat… unfortunately no gun parts for the interior so will need to make “something” I guess.

6 Likes

That looks the part Rob. :+1:

Very good job here

Started today on the Campaign, RFM T-34-85 Model 1945 No 174 Factory.

First impressions - this RFM T-34-85 seems like an excellent kit! Quality plastic, good engineering & nice detail!

Decided to take a break from The Three Amigos - Pz IIIN builds

3 Likes

Slacker. :grin:

1 Like

Indeed have a case of acute Panzer-III-itis and am sick of looking at Pz III’s - :laughing::rofl:

1 Like

So did I, figured I should start mine at some point.

3 Likes

Ooh yah I forgot about this campaign! :laughing:

I hopefully will start my Dragon kit today… just not sure if I’m in the mood for all the PE… the kit comes with a really comprehensive set and metal barrel and I will be also using the Eduard set.

2 Likes