T-34-85 Model 1944 Factory №174 RFM 5079

Thank you, Ryan! And what about the color?
I decided to experiment - mix my own. Let’s see what comes out of this.

1 Like

I like the color, a little bright (for me) if the final color but after some weathering it will tone down beautifully.

1 Like

And I also count on it. Dark washes and all that. In the end, it won’t be so bright.

2 Likes

88 hours of work.

7 Likes

Definitely a master of masking!

Looking good & forward to next update.

1 Like

Thanks, Wade!
It took three hours for all this! :wink:
I’ll start painting now. :smiley:

3 Likes

Only three?! That’s great!
Ken

1 Like

For paper masks - 1 hour.
On masking tape - 2 hours.

2 Likes

Already painted! :smiley:
While the paint dries, I will work on cutting the decals. :blush:

1 Like

That’s some top-tier paint masking.

1 Like

:grinning: Broke off to the fullest! :smile: :rofl:
It would be very difficult to paint without “going” to the neighboring parts. This is not convenient, painting a fully assembled chassis.
I now think that if I painted over all this with a brush, it would take the same amount of time.

2 Likes

89 hours of work.

I applied too thick a layer on the front side. And probably added too much retarder. The paint was not completely dry at the time of the shooting. The flaky structure of the black paint is very clearly visible.
Now, as it dries, these flakes are not so visible anymore. Surface tension and shrinkage do their job.

3 Likes

It took 30 minutes to paint the road wheels. The remaining half an hour I worked on decals and picked up the color for the tracks.

When trimming the decals, I missed in one place! Cut off a piece from one “1”! :drooling_face:
Yes, and in some places, too, messed up! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

5 Likes

91 hours of work.

Another two hours for new masks! :flushed:

4 Likes

94 hours of work.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Looking really good, @Vladyslav. Now comes the fun part. Where the kit truly shows off. The weathering, chipping and detailing.

2 Likes

Looks real nice. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you! Friends!
Yes, the fun begins. I think by the end of the assembly, neither I nor you will recognize the model! As always, there are all sorts of ideas, and experiments on weathering. Let’s see what comes of it.

1 Like