T-54/T-55 Campaign

Thanks Jesper. I have the ‘Tiran in Lebanese Service’ from Ammo/Mig and ‘T54/5 to IDF Tiran 4/5’ from Abteilung 502. I also have the old Verlinden Publications ‘Warmachines No. 10’ which is just photos of the Latrun Tiran vehicles.

1 Like

Ok, cool. It was the T-55 to Tiran I was referring to. Otherwise I would have checked for operational pictures for you, but you already have it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi folks,

this is just a heads-up that we have about 2 months left to go on this campaign. When it say it, that sounds like an eternity in terms of building a kit, but I realize life has intervened and I haven’t touched my T-55 for quite some time, so I thought it worthwhile to give folks a gentle reminder.

4 Likes

I need to touch up the paint on mine - chipped the barrel somehow . It has been raining for a few days and there is way too much water in the air… but it will be done. Then I can finish the weathering.

Figures…well… 3rd time lucky?

1 Like

I got the base coat on mine, but it will probably be another week before I can start on the camouflage. It will be done in time, though. :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A layer of primer…

by Rodolfo Masti, on Flickr

and the first layer of paint …

5 Likes

Basic camouflage colors are on. Next are a lot of black lines to keep the colors separate.

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Out of the ordinary indeed. On what fid you base this scheme? Fan of T55s myself so I am very curious. Looking very good so far. :+1: :+1:

Armorsmith, thanks for the comment.

It is one of the Syrian schemes from the 1967 war as I recall. It has been debated what colors are used. Some claim there are three colors, some four colors. I used miniart’s box and profile as inspiration.

Indeed very unique and kind of French early WWII looking.
In addition it fits reasonably well with the version of the ESCI T-55 kit I am building. ESCI just states T-55 so it took a little research to find out what version is actually in the box.

4 Likes

How are you going to do the black separation lines? Paint pen, marker? Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks, I am using a brush. I considered a pen, but I think a brush approach will give better coverage and I know how the paint will react to weathering.

Good choice me thinks. Sometimes a sharpie type pen will turn a bluish color or allow the underlying color to bleed through. I’ll have to check my built kits but I may have done something similar a few year back now that I think about it. I’ll try to post some photos here if I did do one. Good Luck.

1 Like

Miniart T54… next few bits and bobs… added wheels (next up tracks and hopefully a “FINISH”

8 Likes

Nice look on the finish, Robert!

More progress - the black stripes are added. Not as tedious as expected :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Impressive!!!

1 Like

Thanks, Nikos :slightly_smiling_face:

Certainly catches your eye. Weathering should tone it down a bit. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

‘Ooh La la, zee is very French lookink…’

Very different Jesper. Very eye catching.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments, guys. I will be lightly dusted for that dry hills look for the Golan heights. I will also add some stowage in form of camouflage netting and wooden crates.