Takom M48 series coming

I’d say it’s more than reasonable but the BEST I’ve seen! Much better than even ordering from China directly - I know b/c I ordered through Aliexpress and Hobby Easy… For the 3 new releases, they were $15 and $50 more in total cost respectively. So what did I do? Ordered them again from Sprue Brothers! :smiley:

4 Likes

The 5th ID patch actually dates back to the US Civil War, where the Union Army 5th Division wore a red diamond on their caps. Probably the oldest divisional symbol in the Army at the time.

1 Like

I was in the NJ guard and went from M48A5s to M60A3s and then M1s. There were plans to install ERA kits but they were slashed when the Army wanted to put all it’s money into the M1 program. We had A3s from 1989 to 1994 when we moved to slick M1s with bustle racks.

3 Likes

I just ordered the M48A5 to build one I crewed in the 80s and threw in the Tamiya Comet. Sprue Brothers of course.

5 Likes

Pre ordered the A5 and A3 from another vendor. Surprised they don’t have it yet.

2 Likes

Build up-

4 Likes

I was a little disappointed that they did the Model B first, but think an A Model is soon to follow.
gary

Are any of these good for a Jordanian M48?

Nope, Jordan operated M48s (small hatch early M48 hull).

1 Like

So I got all three new releases from Takom on hand (M48A3 Mod B, M48A5, and M247). Obviously, M247 has a lot of unique parts.
Interestingly, did anyone else notice that M48A3 seems to include all parts from M48A5 kit except for the tracks? For instance, it has 90mm gun and two 105mm guns; M60 mgs; urdan cupola; smoke grenade launchers, etc.
This means you have enough spares to convert another M48A3 kit to M48A5 if you choose to - e.g. Tamiya M48A3. Very nice of Takom, I must say.

Just did a quick comparison of the road wheel with my freshly 3D printed version. Very nicely done- even though it doesn’t have the round inner recesses but as I said before, Takom’s appears to be the best I’ve seen in plastic.

5 Likes

A build up of the A3-
http://www.moxingfans.com/m/view.php?aid=11013

1 Like

The Google English translation of the track assembly is hysterical.

I’ll be using the AFV club tracks.

I’m impressed that the kit has a working compensating idler wheel assembly.

1 Like

My -A3 delivered yesterday, the detailing looks nice but the track assembly is going to be gruelling. Painting the cupola vision ring will be intresting, same as DML’s which is waiting in line for the PSM dozer assembly. Thanks Dan @Dan for the moxiefan link, I know my build up won’t be as straight forward but it may prove to be as comical as the google translation :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Cajun :crocodile:

1 Like

The guy who assembled the Takom kit put the fire extinguishing actuators at the front facing backwards :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

Also can anyone check if Takom provides a part for the conduit of the infantry box?

He made a lot of mistakes. My favorite is the tow cable jammed into the parts of the bustle rack, now you can’t remove it.
Ken

1 Like

Which Battalion? I was a PLT LDR in 2/102, C Company 88-90 then went to 5/115CAV. Did one AT with the 48A5s at Drum before I went to Knox for AOBC. Great fun!

I started in B co 1/102 in 1982 after 4 years on active duty. Then 1/102 was closed and our company became D company 3/102. When 3rd tank closed our company which was over 100% became A company 2/102 in 1994. I retired from the Guard in 2003 after all the tanks were gone. I finished as a tank platoon sergeant.

2 Likes

I’m hoping to pick up the M48A5 kit within the next month or two. Hopefully, the A5 kit includes a searchlight. ALSO!! I’m hoping to find a quality “rubber band” track for this kit… The included track will drive me crazy since it way too many parts, IMO.

Does anybody know if Takom will be releasing a straight M48 kit!

I can look through the sprue later today but I am 90% sure on my quick look through that the clear sprue had the glass for a search light