Takom SANDF G6

Looks good to me!

1 Like

Thank you Rory.

Looks fantastic Olivier. Love the way this is working out.

A lot of manufacturers have issues with their plan and side views not matching… and often their camo is nothing like what it should be anyway, so I usually try and find a pic of the real deal, then use it as a guide.

2 Likes

I’ve been following your posts on this all week, I see the overspray issues you’re talking about and I don’t envy that task, not difficult just tedious. Overall it looks great, and seemed to move along quickly, I’d hate to be the driver on one of these, looks like a white knuckle nightmare. I’m anxious to see how it’ll look after a filter if you lay one down. Can’t wait to see the wheels added!

1 Like

I think it looks great Oliver.

John

1 Like

I’m really enjoying this. I know the pain of Takom camo’ guides all too well! This is looking great though, gotta love a three tone camo.

Looking forward to more…

Cheers, J.

1 Like

Peter you’re certainly right. The problem is to find the comprehensive set of pictures. This can be a real challenge.

Regarding the filter which color would you use? I’d go with a kind of brown myself. A light ochre could be good too to depict a faded paint.

Olivier

The beast got a filter of brown today which unexpectedly gives a nice dusty look.

Olivier

3 Likes

User education council would like to pass on a hint:
When you want to adress a specific post in a thread simply hit the Reply button in that specific post.
This will trigger a notification to be sent to the author of that post.
This is what I did when creating this post.
You can also type the at-sign followed by the username, see my next post.

This hint also applies to all readers of this thread, that is my reason for not doing this as a private message.

@Johnnych01
This time I typed the at-sign followed by ‘j’ and the system gave me a list of usernames starting with ‘j’, keep typing to narrow the selection if there are too many and then select the wanted one.

1 Like

Impressive beast :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you Robin for the appreciation and the education session :wink:

1 Like

Yes a good choice on the filter Olivier.

If you can’t find all around pictures, then no-one else can so they can’t complain about your take on the camo that side. :laughing:

1 Like

You scored a point Peter :laughing:

Here it is with the wheels finally fitted. Still need to glue the last details and add some reddish dust and it will be finished.

Olivier

3 Likes

With a bit of dust it is looking more operational. The dust has been made by mixing some Ammo Vietnam Earth pigments with Tamiya acrylic thinner which was brushed over the tires and sprayed over the lower hull.

The dust effect could be accentuated. I still need tot glue the travel lock clamp and the rear view mirrors.
Olivier

4 Likes

Looks really good!

1 Like

Looking excellent Olivier! Everything just right!

1 Like

One I have done, a few years ago, great that we are now able to post pictures directly.

2 Likes

That looks great, Olivier! I can second what Matthew said, everything just right. Well done! :+1:

1 Like