Takom SANDF G6

This Afrikaanse bees looks really great. I have a weakness for SADF vehicles as they really are different and very efficient looking…

Looks great Olivier, and a nice worn and used weathering finish. Very nice. I would say though, it must be a weird sensation driving it for real, sitting right out in front with everything behind you and so low down… Great build.

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind comments. Here are some pictures of the complete model with the last details glued on.

Olivier

6 Likes

Fantastic build Olivier. Love the weathering. Another great addition to your collection.

Thank you Peter :wink:

Turned out great! I know there are a couple of figures of the SADF. Would be a great addition.

1 Like

Very effective colors and pattern for the camouflage. It really breaks up/disrupts the outline of the vehicle. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

You’re probably right. However I’m not a figure painter at all.

Olivier

I wasn’t either, but I wanted to incorporate lots of figures (40) in my first diorama ever, so I had to…
Just go ahead, if I can do it, so can you. I find a vehicle needs and diorama and figures to create a sense of scale and context…

2 Likes

@golikell 40 figures !!! I don’t even know if I have ever build as many figures in my entire modeling life :laughing: I can’t imagine doing this just for a single diorama.
You really did a great job.

Thanks. This was my first hand at trying figures. The main thing is having good brushes, since I used acrylics, a wet palette and for my deriorating eyes, an optivisor.

1 Like

Great build, Olivier! Very nice job on the camo and the subtle weathering.

Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

An interesting and unusual vehicle. Well executed. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the nice comments.

Olivier

The Buffel? One of the first MRAP’s. Dont knock it!:sunglasses:

Dont get me wrong, I love the Buffel, I can remember the Army coming to my primary school back in the 80’s and we got to take a ride in one around the cricket pitch.

But it really is awkward looking! :rofl:

We already got a Olifant, a G6 and a Rooikat. So we may think that South-African armor is interesting for the big companies and more vehicles could hit the shelves in the coming years.

Olivier

You forgot the noddy cars , AML90 and 60. Would love to see the 6 wheeler APCs in plastic.

You’re right Franck. However the Elands straight from the box are still missing.

Olivier

1 Like