Takom Tiger 1 Big Box

AHHQ says shipping is estimated start in late January, has anybody received theirs yet or know anything else about it?
Colin

3 Likes

I have not heard anything although if notices get sent my wife would be the one to get it. As for the other pre-order for the 9ton truck with the flak gun he said those were on the way to him about a week ago. He also mentioned two days ago a shipping container was being held up for a random inspection and that new stuff was in the container.

3 Likes

It does say estimated,so you never know with supply chain issues,hes pretty reliable though

2 Likes

Alright I’m not surprised that a container got held up, customs can be strange sometimes…

@Tojo72 Yeah that’s true. Not ordered anything else from him before but having seen his YouTube channel he seems very nice. Supply chain can always be a struggle.

2 Likes

I haven’t bought much from him so far but what I have done is packaged well and ships quickly when in stock.

I wish he would get back to build videos; most of his uploads lately have been more like ads but he runs a business so I get that.

4 Likes

Very in depth look at all three Takom Tiger kits in the Big Box.

3 Likes

Just checked Andy’s site, it says that they got stuck at customs and the ETA for shipping from him is the 16th.

1 Like

I received my shipping notice this morning so they seem to be ahead of schedule.

2 Likes

Even better! I’m looking forward to it arriving. I’m also waiting to see if @Armor_Buff got one and is doing a review… Hint-hint wink-wink pretty please!

4 Likes

Colin, I couldn’t resist the temptation and ordered a Big Box from Andy’s Hobby Headquarters for $89 plus tax & shipping. For three new release 1/35 Tiger 1 kits plus a 1/16 Otto Carius, that seems like an excellent deal.

Happy to share my thoughts on the Takom Tiger’s. From various internet video’s, looks pretty good. I look forward to making a very basic width, length, wheel size etc sort of check on one of the kits vs a Jentz/Doyle drawing. With that said, zero claims being an Experten/Aficionado on Tiger 1 reseaech, accuracy & details are made by me.

Hopefully David Byrden and others who enjoy that aspect will comment. They ship fairly soon based on talking to AHH a week or so ago.

4 Likes

Yay! Let the joy be unconfined! :tada::partying_face:
On a more serious note, I enjoy your reviews and will take your two cents, even if you aren’t the most learned man with Tigers. I’m curious to see what you and Mr. Byrden say about the dimensions, kit parts, etc.

2 Likes

I’ll be finding the 3 Tigers plus the Vomag flak truck on my doorstep.

3 Likes

It’s flaktacular! I just got the FAMO with 88mm, now waiting for the Vomag from Andy’s.

2 Likes

I’ve already written something about each kit at TIGER1.INFO
but I expect to write more.

David

2 Likes

I personally don’t get the obsession with building large numbers of just a few vehicle types.

There’s little variation (objectively) - it is repetetive. Personally, I think in my entire modelling history, i’ve probably built two Panthers, everything else I do is a one-off.

4 Likes

Roly, only two Panthers!

Eight completed Panthers with three ready to paint or nearly so. Twenty-three Panthers remaining, I may need to restock via Sprue Brother’s soon! (J/k).

For build variety, I dabble in WW2 1/48 fighters, on occasion ships and on rare occasions sci-fi.

Don’t the vast majority of tank models have repetitive aspects? The wheels, suspension, tracks, lower hull, upper hull, tools, turret & main gun routine is very similar tank to tank. The order of steps may change but it’s usually very similar. Building a Panzer IV, KV-1, T-72, M1A2, Sherman, Stuart, Cromwell Mk 4 ( anglicised Pz IV…wink) etc has much in common.

Softskins, armored cars, halftracks & artillery help provide variety in building in the AFV area.

However, building isn’t what I like about AFV modeling, it’s painting & weathering. With gray & brown, gray, tropical scheme 1, tropical scheme 2, tri-color, ambush style, white wash, red primer fantasy, Syrian etc possibilities there’s a bit of paint variation available for the twenty-seven Pz IV’s waiting in the stash…wink

7 Likes

sounds like you need a few dozen t-34s for the other side…

3 Likes

Sometimes a guy finds the girl of his dreams and marries her for life. Sometimes a guy does not want to be tied down and pursues many dalliances. Fortunately, a dalliance with a model never results in mandatory alimony payments. Well, not with the kind of model under discussion here.

I almost bought that Tiger 1 Big Box. Almost. Gettin kinda tired of major World War II tanks. Already have a lot of em in the closet or on the shop floor. Purchasing a much more eclectic range of stuff these days.

Really liking Takom models. Received two for Christmas and bought 4 more. Like the Big Box concept.

5 Likes

~16 T-34 kits plus half a dozen JS, KV’s, JSU’s :blush:

FWIW - I’ve discovered a new found interest in British AFV’s all eras, Sherman’s and modern US since joining the forum.

I think y’all will get a good laugh out of this…Panzer IV’s & family are important to me so they have an inventory sheet of their own.

5 Likes

Yeah, I should probably make a spreadsheet of my stash. Good idea. I has a lazy though…

3 Likes