Tank Destroyers 2 Campaign Active

Could I join with a Pak 40? :rofl:
It can destroy tanks so its technically a tank destroyer…

Only if you stick it on a Canadian Ford Mutt? :clown_face: :clown_face:

It’s not a pak 40, it’s a deconstructed Marder. Problem solved

2 Likes

I was going to add a Marder II by Mk72 in 1/72 scale. Or I can do Marder III. Both in 1/72, my scale of choice

Curious if an M40 semovente would fit the bill? I know they were classified as SPG but the Italians turned them into tank killers when they found out their actual tanks were inadequate against the Lee and Grant

1 Like

@Mead93 I think you might be stretching it a bit far with at one mate.

Fair enough, might have to tap out unless I can find a suitable build. I was planning on my Nashorn or Elefant but don’t think I’ll have the time to do them justice since I’ll be moving half way through the campaign.

Hoping to find a Marder or something similar but they seem very expensive for what they are

1 Like

I am assuming an Archer will be fine?

Wikipedia says:
“The Self Propelled 17pdr, Valentine, Mk I, Archer was a British self propelled anti-tank gun of the Second World War based on the Valentine infantry tank chassis fitted with an Ordnance QF 17 pounder gun”

Shouldn’t it be Royal Ordnance instead of only Ordnance?

WoT: Archer - Global wiki. Wargaming.net

I think you can even strech it a bit, in building a team of anti tank rifle squad

Nope it’s just ordinance quick firing. Though it does sound weird without Royal in front. I think it fits the bill. The semovente is also listed as a TD in war thunder but is more of an assault gun like a StuG so I wanted to make sure I wasn’t bending the rules with the archer

I’ll join.
I got the Tamiya WW2 Japanese tank destroyer a while ago and it might be a fun build. I’m sorry I can’t remember the proper name of it at the moment. I think it’s built on the Chi-Ha chassis?

1 Like

It’s a Type 1 Ho Ni I with 75mm gun. It is on the Type 97 Chi Ha chassis.

1 Like

Isn’t the Type 2 also Chi-Ha? Type 1 is made by Tamiya, Type 2 by Finemolds.

1 Like

Finemolds makes the Type 3 Ho Ni III which is a Chi Ha chassis.

Finemolds also makes the Type 2 Ho I tank destroyer, which is on a Type 1 chassis.

1 Like

Yes, that’s it!

Love the box art on this kit.
I have no references on Japanese WW2 armour, so I think it will be fun doing some research into it. Finding out where they were used will be a start to help plan out the diorama.

@Mead93 yeah the Archer, features in the Tank Destroyers section on World of Tanks so I will let it in.

@Armournovice guys with anti tank rifles or panzerfausts/RPG’s etc is stretching way past the line and would be better in a tank hunter campaign similar to the one we had about 2 years ago.

hope this helps.

Klaus

Perfect! Found a kit for this build then!

Excited for this one! Ww2 TD are some of my favourite subjects. I find some of the wacky ways nations tried to make massive guns self propelled very interesting

The anti tank riflemen though can be regarded as a tank destroyer, I understand to be out side the scope of this GB. I’m still at a loss as to what to build, as one of my Marder kit is spoken for by another Group Build. Just to clarify for me, is the Stug III or Stug IV can be regarded as a TD?