Tank Destroyers 2 Campaign Active

@Armournovice yes the Stug III/IV is fine :slight_smile:

If your saying a Stug is fine what about an STRV-103 then?

the abbreviation ‘strv’ stands for stridsvagn or fightingwagon.
Stridsvagn is the swedish word for tank

3 Likes

@Panzer_modeler can’t you just build a tamiya British Achilles and stop giving me headaches lol

1 Like

I built that for the last TD campaign remember. :rofl:

I just knew someone would want to do a Bren Carrier with a trio of Bazooka’s or Panzerfausts mounted to it.

2 Likes

It’s not my campaign, but I’d say it has to be a purpose-built Tank Destroyer. You can’t just strap a bazooka to a bicycle and call it a tank destroyer.

3 Likes

Purpose built

I haven’t seen any kit of it though … pity …

7 Likes

True but the Diopark kit could be modified to work.

The TAP 150 had a 146 cc engine, the Diopark kit is of the 125 cc. Maybe the engine is sufficiently hidden but the whole contraption ought to be slightly beefier to handle the 146 cc.

In Sweden you can get a driving licence for 125 cc engine motorcycles at age 16 and when you turn 18 you can upgrade to larger engines (and bikes). I believe that many other European countries also have some limits or other tied to the 125 cc limit.

I get that but by the time you add the gun and ammo those smaller details if any will be lost, imho.

1 Like

Incredible…I give up…

3 Likes

In German there’s an expression:
Sachen gibt’s die gibt’s gar nicht (Sachen gibt es, die gibt es gar nicht)

Literally: Things exist that do not exist.
Loose translation: There are things that ought to be impossible.
Similar to the expressions: Really!!?? or “Are you kidding me??”.
I think it is a way of saying: Incredible. Impossible. This can’t be for real.

The kids say ‘what the helll’ today. :roll_eyes:

or WTF

(pointless characters)

1 Like

It is as inscrutable as kit pricing with online vendors…

1 Like

I hate you guys, @SSGToms and @Uncle-Heavy. Weather it’s allowed or not I now have the Diopark on order and I am looking at ways to rebuild the 106mm to 75mm RR from Academy ACAV or Dragon Mule kit.

1 Like

Apparently things are different and the Diopark kit cannot be used. Vespa TAP 150 & Vespa VL 150: Band of Vespas - Missing-Lynx

The kit will be close enough for me as I don’t have that kind of skill or time.

@SSGToms thank you Mathew for understanding what I am trying to do here.

if I ever get the idea to run a “Tank Destroyers 3 Campaign” next year, would someone slap me in the face with a large wet fish and remind me of all the grief I am getting for not allowing bazooka bicycles or midgets wielding m72 LAW’s or moon Nazis with atomic powered spud guns.

right well I’m going go lie down in darkened room whilst wear my protective tin foil hat which stops all rogue suggestions and requests.

5 Likes

Time to deploy my volksturm tin foil hat destroyer

4 Likes