Tank Destroyers 2 Campaign Active

So a midget wielding w/M72 LAW on a bazooka bicycle is probably a no too? Asking for a friend.

Fine, but how often do you have a cool looking Vespa, boring M10 it is then. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

tell your friend to start running, i’ll give him/her a 50 yard head start before i open fire :crazy_face: :rofl:

2 Likes

Gentlemen!
I think we should all send a huge Thank You and some
:tumbler_glass:
and
:beers:
maybe
even a
:rose:
or two
to David for offering to handle and manage this campaign
and stop pulling his leg even if it is funny as h**** :rofl: :innocent:

3 Likes

I concur
A HUGE thank you David :crown:

1 Like

you know i am sitting in my modelling room rocking backwards and forwards stroking my shotgun don’t you :laughing:

1 Like

@Klaus-Adler David, much appreciate your willingness to run the TD#2 Campaign/Group Build. I definitely hope you’ll do #3,#4 & #5 for all the extras TD kits (RFM JagdPanther, DML JagdPanther & Tamiya Achilles) purchased due to enthusiasm for this #2 build :slight_smile:

David,
I know exactly how you feel. Really. I’ve been running Armorcon for 21 years now and every year we come up with a theme. And every year, there’s a certain group of guys who think it would be hilarious to push the boundaries of the theme to the ridiculous. Why that’s funny, I still don’t know. Anyway, one year our theme was “Tank Killers” and the weird and wacky proposals started rolling into my inbox. It got so out of control that I posted an announcement - You can do a Japanese soldier with a 500lb. bomb and a hammer sitting in a hole in the road waiting for a Sherman. If you think it’s a tank killer, you can enter it, and the judges will decide the validity of the entry. The shenanigans pretty much stopped after that. :grin:

7 Likes

Cause people are asshats. :sunglasses:

BTDT on both sides. Contest chairman or head judge are two of most thankless jobs around.

1 Like

Mathew,

i don’t know why it happened in this campaign proposal, i have run several campaigns in the past and i have never really had the weird and wacky suggestions come in…personally i’m blaming it on covid.

when i organise campaigns i try to pick subject that people don’t really think of as mainstream and get people involved and bring it into the mainstream. i had a lot of positive feedback on the original Tank Destroyer Campaign on the old site as well as the Helicopter Campaign which is why i have created a second year of it for both subjects.

but with the weird and wonderful suggestions coming out this time, the video below kinda expresses how i feel about doing a Tank Destroyer 3 campaign next year:

i am having to deal with issues at work a major poop storm has just passed but i sense another one around the corner and coming here and building models helps stop me from taking a baseball bat to certain managers that i know.

i’m sure TD3 will go ahead and i will feel better when i get my short holiday in september (celebrating my 50th then as well hence i am touring RAF Cosford Air Museum and Bovington Tank museum)

thanks for your support, i appreciate it.

@Tank_1812 @Klaus-Adler Those of us that herd cats for this hobby have to stick together.

3 Likes

too-many-cats-wow

@SSGToms Matt, sort of along these lines?

4 Likes

No Wade, in reality it’s more chaotic than that…

2 Likes

Well at least touring Cosford and Bovington makes up for some of the nonsense! (Been ages since I last went to Cosford, and a couple years since I hit the Tank Museum - I just wish they’d move it closer to my home…)

If I get past all my current fieldwork I might even build one of the far-too-many TD kits in my stash for this campaign! And no it won’t be a Davey Crocket-armed vespa…

1 Like

Well after all of the shenanigans, mind if enter with a SU122 54? Something a little different than the norm. For clarifications… I saw several sets of dates. What are the Official dates?

1 Like

yeah, sure thing, go for it mate.

I fear I may have started the thread down the slide by asking about a Mutt with a TOW, which I assumed would be a “no.” I’m sorry to have brought grief all around…

It might be interesting at some point to have a DIFFERENT campaign that accommodated all that wierd and wacky stuff, but if someone started that people would probably request to enter JagdPanzer Vs there :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Your missing a golden opportunity as it would have have a beauty and now the world might have to suffer my ham fisted attempt.

why don’t you organise it, you don’t have to be a moderator to submit a campaign proposal.

I was thinking of organizing something early next year. I had thought of doing halftracks but thought about expanding it to wacky vehicles toting large guns

Do we have a final set of dates in place yet?