That's not a big plane, *this* is a big plane

Don’t forget the Kalinin K-7 (7) and An-225 (6), Boeing 787, Airbus A380.

I think I have a C-141 in the stash…

Thinking about a C-5B/M in 1/700 scale. BIG plane, little model. You know…with the visor up, the ramps out, etc How much time is left on this one?

1 Like

I put it down to begin on 1 Jan next year and end on 31 Dec IIRC…

1 Like

Tough choices in my stash… several four engine possibilities… :thinking:

Might be able to do a C-17 in time. Yeah, I know but I am sloooooow builder.

LOL … How about this @phil2015
4 engines 01

Will look like this on screen:

4 Likes

Or you could go ‘4 burning & 6 turning’:
4 engines 02

Or…
4 engines 03

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

I like this one - it really shows it is 4 engines or more - and a big plane! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No +2 engine planes in the stash, but really interested in this one. Think I’ll be in with either a 1/72 B-17 or academy 1/144 B1 lancer. Leaning towards the lancer. Would love to do it in 1/48 but think I’d need another garage

2 Likes

Your car will be fine in the driveway.

4 Likes

OK, not on topic, but the title made me think of this picture I commissioned: https://www.deviantart.com/granitoons/art/Commission-Teething-Trouble-891261629

So when would this start?

It is as per the heading:

1 Like

ready boys? i see that it’s Jan 1 in some parts of the world. :slight_smile:

I won’t be starting for a few months. Need to crack open my B-25 and Jill bombers for the Twin engine bomber campaign, and Land of the Rising Sun campaign. I also need to weather an Archer, Kv-1, Leopard C2 and paint a Shot Kal and Elefant.

Anywho, here are my starting pictures! I’ll be in with Airfix’s 1/72 B-17G

4 Likes

I built the ancient version of Airfix’s B17G. Interested to see how this one comes out.

I’ll allow it!

:grinning:

The new one looks really nice in the box. It is missing the riveting, I am toying with the idea of adding it back, but in 1/72 not sure it’s worth the effort. The interior is quite detailed, I am toying with the idea of adding LED lights to the interior to make it more visible but not sure

2 Likes

I am going to join this campaign once I have finished my offering for the IDF campaign.
Doing this in RNZAF Hi-Vis colour scheme from the early 80s.

cheers
Michael

2 Likes