The Great Canadian Campaign!

They are excellent, I have a few of the ones he got and they are top notch!

Added some cushion to the Churchill seats

Will probably tone it down a bit with some light sanding

6 Likes

@Mead93 . i like the seats. Yes some light sanding will tone them nicely. Then you can add some mr surfacer 1000 to blend them.
It is better to over build the seats and sand down .

I got the Churchill tracks off of FleaBay, $33Cdn, the Sherman tracks are from Panda Plastics. Loving your Churchill!

3 Likes

Looks spectacular Don!

1 Like

Assembly has started! Running gear first as usual, working on the bogies. Dragon does provide bolt heads molded onto the sprues for the return skids but don’t mention them in their instructions…

5 Likes

151 is done! Rest of the photos can be found Here

@SSGToms, your judgement is appreciated.

Think I’m gonna sit back and watch for a bit now. I had a paint catastrophe with my Mustang so it needs to go back in the booth for a do over. I need to take a few cleansing breaths and order some more paint before I can look at that again.

I’m really excited to see what else gets brought to the table now though.

5 Likes

Your TOW Jeep is excellent Don. You really got all the details down right and captured the character of the vehicle. These were some of our favorite TOW rides as they were so small we could hide them behind a fallen tree or a wood shed. 4 guys could pick up the back end if it got stuck. You really did a great job.

1 Like

I commented in your thread about the M151.
A project completed BEFORE the campaign has even begun… well done!

1 Like

I shot the basic colours today. I was not satisfied, because I used way to much black and German grey in relation to the brighter olivgreen. So I am in the process of touching things up with a brush. Did not fancy wrapping the hole thing up in masking tape again.
The topcover is standard Tamiya khaki.

a

5 Likes

Ron it’s looking great. I think your ratios are spot on and you nailed the colours.

Both those builds make me really want to do the M38 Jeep. Congratulations to both on nice builds.

1 Like

Those are great builds . Its going to be tough trying to keep up with yall.

SO do I, but I can not find any decently priced ones!

What price you looking for?

€25 seems to be the going retail rate.

Here I have to add another 10. Plus shipping. Which I think is just to much for such a kit.

Ouch. I feel your pain.

AFV club just released a two truck IDF kit with a signals unit and a 106mm recoilless. I want it very much but it’s CAD $70. Though I’ll probably justify it eventually because their 106 M38 alone is close to $50.

Thinking of Tamiya’s M151/TOW which I can get for around $7, the M151 & trailer for $15 or the Italeri Jeep & trailer for $10-12…
None are of the same standard, true. But still. For $35 I can have a pretty decent tank too.

1 Like

Now I can finally join all the fun in here.
This just showed up .

8 Likes

Guys if you don’t have Gator Glue on your bench , I very highly suggest getting some.
In the words of the door gunner from Full Metal Jacket "GET SOME… GET SOME"Gator’s Grip glue has a new website

1 Like

Sprayed the 1st UN markings onto the TUA.

Don’t mind the snapped track… I need to fix that.

I will blend in the still to white plates with dust once the UN is sprayed on the front. ( The spare road wheel is only held on with a tiny bit of Gator glue. I agree with Chris it’s great stuff.)

Oh here are a few more pics of the M151a2 TOW with a few little bits added and the mud tweaked a little.

10 Likes