The Great Canadian Campaign!

That looks great and the cable looks perfect. Really makes a huge difference. :beer: :beer: :beer:

1 Like

Great info, really!
But hom is the TOW mount installed on or in the vehicle?
I saw IDF launchers that appear to be height adjustable, but the base is situated in the vehicle?

Don, stop being a bad influenceā€¦ :rofl:

Im about to try to attempt what you did as well as I keep looking at my M151 and cant live with such a big detail missing.

2 Likes

On each vehicle, the traversing unit is mounted on a pedestal. There is a system, an old one, for the M113 that has a pop-up pedestal in the roof hatch. Thatā€™s the only height adjustable mount there is.

Pilot hole drilled in the pedestalā€¦ wish me luck guysā€¦

Wow, reading more on the TOW has given me an impression of just how effective it really is. And to think I once thought it was a fairly light weapon!

Nope. TOW can defeat any known armor in the world.

1 Like

TOW can defeat any known armor in the world.

And for half or less the costā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Tow for a T- fill in the blank ā€¦ Works out to pennies on the pound.

A T-90UM costs $4,500,000 USD and a TOW round costs $93,640 so itā€™s a 48:1 ratio!

4 Likes

@SSGToms . That is amazing. I was being funny about the pennies to the pound . Your exact cost ratio is outstanding.

Feeling a little out of place, but hereā€™s what I will be doing:

Iā€™ve also got a set of AFV Club Churchill tracks in, and waiting for my T54 tracks and duckbills from Panda Plastics. This is what Iā€™m aiming for, from the Canadian 5th Armoured Division:

6 Likes

That looks like an excellent build Colin and youā€™re right, this is the Canadian Campaign thread, dammit! Maybe one day Iā€™ll do a TOW campaign. No more TOW talk. Just Canadian stuff. That looks like a very cool tank to portray!

I love the firefly! Look forward to this build

Nonsense! Things just got weird here for a bit.

Iā€™m looking forward to hearing about your build. Iā€™ve been wanting to build a firefly for a while but I can never decide which kit to build.

Bonus marks for going with the Maroon Machine!

You know if there is a TOW campaign we will only talk about Canadian things right? :rofl:

Pretty much every build of mine in this campaign minus my MMEV has a TOW missile somewhere strapped to itā€¦ and more are coming :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That looks like a really interesting build!
Cant wait to see more Canadian WWII things being made as opposed to the Modern/Cold War things everyone is building.

The Tasca kits are a treat for sure

1 Like

Cool!
What kind of tracks they ā€œtackedā€ to the hull, I can not say though.

Go ahead, propose one!!
Iā€™m in!