The Great Canadian Campaign!

Running into the same problem! Want to buy the leopard C2 Mexas kit but don’t want to pay high shipping, so I’ve almost convinced myself the F-16 ANG kit that wasn’t in stock last time I ordered will justify shipping. Then I also saw the Miniart Canadian valentine.

If I wasn’t moving countries in the middle of this campaign I would probably build the Churchill and leopard but as it stands I’ll probably only have time for one.

1 Like

Ha! I’m doing the exact opposite and trying to buy more modern kits, like the Grizzly, LAV III TUA and maybe another Leo 2a6

Yeah here’s a photo of my Meng leopard, I’m at work today so I can show off some of my crap :joy:. Overall the detail was actually decent, but a metal barrel would be an improvement.

The vinyl tracks are surprisingly good, and they play nicely with the moveable suspension.

3 Likes

Looks excellent! I thought about aftermarket but also read reviews the tracks were pretty good, and they are mostly hidden under the armor anyway where there might be sag. I love how mean that tank looks

1 Like

Fs man, the C2A1 is an absolute beast of a machine. In many ways I like it’s appearance more than our 2A6Ms. The tracks should come out really nicely, but just hit em with a bit of primer first to really get a good finish :+1:

Looks great dennis!
Working at a model shop… if only we were all that lucky! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks Ezra! Not bad splitting my time between the tank aisle

and the tank museum :grin:

2 Likes

Looks like a really nice store! Whats the name? Im gonna be in upstate New York around September so as long as its pretty close to the border I can probably pop over.

It’s called Great Hobbies, it’s a chain of stores out here in the frozen north. I’m the resident tank nerd at the Oshawa store, but we have a website too, being a mail order company.

Sweet thanks! Its only 3 hours away form Rochester so It might be a fun trip up there. I’ll check out the website as well.

1 Like

Back to the Churchill idea me thinks. Still gonna rder the Leopard as it looks to be a nice kit. Going to throw in some Staingrad figures to make shipping worth it. I am going to build the tank callsigned Blossom. From my reading this tank threw a track in the rocks shortly after coming ashore and its crew fought on. Going off these reference photos and thinking of adding these figures if they are correct.

3 Likes

Yes those figures would be fine for Dieppe. They appear to have the pleated pockets required for the period (these were deleted in 1943 to save on material). They also appear to have the 5 tunic buttons of the earlier uniform, as opposed to the 6 button type introduced in 1941, which would still have been okay.

1 Like

Some photos…Sherman lll’s are 1/72 from Dragon, marked for Three Rivers Regiment in Sicily, 1943. Still needs some stowage and final dusting.

They’re going in a dio liberating a Sicilian hillside town.
:smiley:

7 Likes

Those look awesome!
I know there Brallie scale but If I didnt know I would say 1/35 because they are so well done!

82 days until I can make a Canadian model :sob:

1 Like

My feelings exactly. I may start the leopard early and call the Churchill my campaign build since I’ll likely need the 82 days to research the Dieppe raid

1 Like

Well… I originally set the date to start on Canada Day, BUT I would totally consider moving it back a few months.

Any objections to this?

How about this:

Canada Day is obviously pretty relevant to this build, so I suggest that we still do something for it.
If we begin the build now, we could do so on the stipulation that on July 1st people will have the opportunity to post a finished build with a little description of the history of the vehicle, unit, etc. That way we can do something to commemorate the day. For myself, I know that for the majority of the next year I’ll be doing Canadian armour so I’m going to probably get a panzer in before the campaign starts. If we start it now I’ll probably dump an entire thread on Canada Day for something like a Leopard or Wasp in an article style.

Idk, just something to think about. I’m not sure about the less active members of this campaign, but seems like we’re both chomping at the bit AND gearing up.

I don’t mind waiting till Canada day or starting say May 1st. I can go either way. My current build is just finishing up and I’m still working on my tristar flak panzer. But if we wait till July 1 I may sneak a build in during the 2.5 month wait

Mead’s going to close the blackout curtains, go full radio-silence, encrypt his phone and build smoke dischargers for a leopard :joy:

1 Like