The Great Canadian Campaign!

Just hit the order button on the leopard, and Dieppe figures. Can’t wait

2 Likes

Yah sounds like a good idea Dennis!

I would be fine with starting the campaign on May 1st like Mead said. This gives you time to finish that Pz. IV and me time to wrap up some builds like my gun truck and Grizz.

Just hit the order button on the leopard, and Dieppe figures. Can’t wait

Think Mead, the sooner we start the campaign the sooner you can start the builds… :wink:

True. I am itching to start the Churchill. Hoping I can get my flakpanzer done before May 1

1 Like

Sounds like we need to start a sub-campaign on kits we’re finishing before the end of the month :wink:

2 Likes

I’m in! No idea what I’ll bring to the party yet. Probably something big, green and armoured.

4 Likes

Hey there! It was me who sent you the link. Great to have you onboard :slight_smile:

Thanks for the invite!

Now that we’re starting in May, I’ll just put the brakes on the Ferret until then. It’s going to be done up in UNEF markings

5 Likes

Welcome to Kitmaker and the campaign!
You mean big, green, armored and polite! :wink:

2 Likes

Us Canadians are only polite until ours or an allied homeland is threatened, the we show up and fight like hell

2 Likes

“Politely spearheading an armoured breakthrough”

1 Like
2 Likes

Decided to get into resin casting for this :grin: I’m going to make lots of modern figures, so I figured I’m going to start working on my mods. I made a C8 carbine with a 40mm that can be chopped off, and I’m done the first head, which is wearing a mask (pandemic diorama???)

2 Likes

Thats really interesting! What will they be for? I think Having a mask on a few of the figures is pretty cool. For what timeframe could they be used in?

I think that I’m going to make a bunch of variations on stuff like the helmets, so the figures could be used in any LAV or Leopard tank (even the old ones, as they are still in the reserves). Some heads will have helmets with scrim too, as alot of LAV and TLAV crews wear full camouflage on exercise. I’d say the timeframe is 2003-present day, and I plan on making a decal set for all the patches the crew would wear in combat and in training.

2 Likes

Very cool. Im watching the Van Doos documentery and Im really enjoying it.

I would love to see some troops in this uniform if thats possible, the timeframe is like 2011 I think.

2 Likes

Quick update. It turns out the Verlinden TUA kit ommited SO much details and stuff that I cant use it. I just bought the awesome Legend kit, that comes with way better details.

4 Likes

Ah bugger, sorry to hear that Ezra. The Legend set looks good though

1 Like

Oh god I wish I’d known, I would have warned you.

I just finished building the Verlinden kit (I got it cheap without having read the reviews). It builds up reasonably nice, but it is sorely lacking in accuracy.

I’m going to build the Legend version at some point in the future just to have the comparison.

6 Likes

I wasn’t going to pop the balloon for you Ezra, as you seemed so happy to have snagged them. A lot of Verlinden’s stuff was good for the time, but simplified and basic. Their M981 FIST is a perfect example, the whole hammerhead unit is pretty much useless, which is why I scratch built a replacement for the 20/20 in 2020 build, and even the rest needed so much re-work I might as well have just Scratched the lot… half way down the page…
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/282892?page=10

1 Like

Yah its fine I got it for a really good deal. Im happy with the Legend set though.

@Canmedic Ooooh sweet! I saw the photos on Reddit earlier today and was really impressed by the build. Really nice job!

@petbat Thats a truly awesome scratch job!
Do you think the M109 has the same problem?