The Great Canadian Campaign!

Ah yes, the good old M113. At the ONTR museum here in Oshawa we’ve got the modernized version, a TUA system on the TLAV, which is kind of a souped-up M113 (has extra roadwheels, improved armour and crew compartment etc). It’s an intimidating system, even got deployed to UNPROFOR.

Yah who dosent love the M113. I had to actually look up what the TLAV was, its a interesting vehicle. If the TUA kit I bought wasn’t already started I actually might’ve thought of converting it.

1 Like

With the Leo being swapped for a LAV3TUA it is almost turning into a wheeled campaign… :grinning:

1 Like

Yes unfortunately the Canadian Army has been transitioning towards wheeled AFVs for some time now. Perhaps it has something to do with the nature of the wars we’ve been in, with most of the more recent ones being peacekeeping or counterinsurgency.

2 Likes

Well, welcome to the LONTOC :grinning:

League of no tanks owning countries…

Mind you, we are not completely tankless…

2 Likes

Canada still has some tanks in the Leo 2 but their has been a push towards Lavs for a while now. Though we do have a decent history of armoured warfare. In fact we were the first country to introduce the Germans to the behemoth the Churchill was!

2 Likes

Absolutely, spot on. Canada actually has a really interesting history of tank usage, starting all the way back with the FT-17. I like to think as well that although we have few battle tanks, the small numbers are made up for by the fact that the Leopard 2A4M and 2A6M models are arguably some of the best-armoured tanks in the world at the moment.

1 Like

Way too late!! Painted and decaled for Can 1st Armoured Div, Sicily 1943. Just finishing details and stowage. :disappointed:
:smiley:

2 Likes

Can you atleast post some photos? :grin:

I’m pretty sure my entry will be this one at this stage:

6 Likes

Oooh, I’m looking forward to seeing that built up. We just got the Wasp from Riich in at work, I’m debating whether or not to scoop it up. Please let us know how you like it once you start work!

2 Likes

Thinking I might change my mind on this one. I just discovered the beast that is the Leopard C2 Mexas. I think I a going to do the Meng one with dozer blade instead of the Churchill. Hoping mine turns out as good as this one:

7 Likes

I built the Meng kit some time back, I think you’ll enjoy it :slight_smile:

1 Like

How did you find the detail? I am considering ordering this PE detail set with it to hyper detail it (mainly to stomach the shipping a llittle better) but dont know if I want to go nuts with this build.

Eh, honestly man I can’t really give you a definitive answer. The main upgrade that the Voyager kit offers is a proper barrel (the Meng barrel is a two-piece one), but otherwise the detail was actually pretty good. Depending on how much the Voyager upgrade offers in terms of economy, I’d say buy it for the barrel alone.

1 Like

Just for kicks I might buy this kit as well for the campaign.
Sprue brothers has this kit for a really good price, ( $33 USD) so I might get it to put it along side my M113 TUA.

4 Likes

Seems that we’ll be doing an almost identical campaing :joy: Gotta get some more tanks now!

1 Like

Not a problem. To be honest I am trying find something to add in that I need that doesn’t drive shipping up too much to make it feel more palatable. Tank kit is $40 plus $38 shipping. (Still cheaper than the $90 to $100 locally. But much less of a good deal after shipping. If I add the PE shipping only goes up a $1 or two. However I don’t think I’ll do the pe but still looking for something I want to justify shipping

I have 3 months to buy as much Canadian armored stuff as possible! :grin:

1 Like

Hey, that’s my strategy :wink: I’m thinking of moving towards some WW2 kits now, maybe the Bronco Ram, Staghound Bridge Carrier, perhaps a Universal Carrier too.

1 Like