The Great Canadian Campaign!

Thanks, I think the colored dials need a bit of touch up. I was thinking maybe drawing them on with a super shape pencil crayon

1 Like

That’s actually a good idea. You can always paint over them if it doesn’t work

Turret done, a few more bits and bobs and onto the (ugh) tracks.

5 Likes

Looking good! I love the firefly

Decided the pause on my Leo was a good time to clean my “room”.

Before:

After:

Bonus: Gratuitous shot of the menagerie

Thanks to everyone of you for being so supportive and enthusiastic so far. I’m really excited to see what else gets brought to the table here.

6 Likes

Is that a liquid mask on the lenses. almost thought it was a piece of jewelry

Yep, liquid mask on the lenses and vision blocks.

2 Likes

Appliqué Churchill track armour progressing…

8 Likes

Got the spitfire fuselage halves together. Gonna take some filling on the seam though. Still trying to get the cowling and nose pieces together. The fit is quite tight upfront

4 Likes

Mean looking Churchill with the extra armor! Very cool!

Mead, What kit is the Spitfire? I might have missed it in an earlier post. Is the engine part of the kit or aftermarket?

1 Like

It’s the ICM Mk VIII kit. The engine does come with it but if I were to build this kit again I would only build the engine parts required of the spinner. The cowl fit with the engine built up is very tight

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply, Mead. I might add one of these to the stash if it goes together well. :slight_smile:

As far as I know, all of the icm spitfires have the engine. So far it’s gone together decently, the nose fit is very tight but manageable. There are apparently a few accuracy issues, but at one time it was considered the most accurate spitfire. The eduard offerings are apparently much better but the icm kit was $19 Canadian and the eduard closer to $60

2 Likes

YES!

Now back to my builds…

2 Likes

Mead, very good point. What I sometimes do is to buy the Eduard kits and then use the spare decals for other kits. I have done this with Revell/Monogram/Academy Bf 109s quite a lot.

Might do the same with Spitfires.

All primed up and ready for some colour…

And plugging away on the tracks…

7 Likes

Slowly progressing on the spitfire. Should have the fuselage done tomorrow! Took my first ever crack at seat belts, I plan to weather them and paint them a bit. Still need to do the lap belt, but wanted some feedback before progressing.

6 Likes

Look great to me Mead, but I am an armour builder - what would I know… :wink:

Colin: The journey of a thousand track links starts one end connector at a time. Keep plugging at them.

1 Like

No expert in general or with Spits but they seem to look the part very nicely.

1 Like