The Great Canadian Campaign!

I do like your TUA a lot. Color, weathering and presentation are spot on. Splendid work.

Ok, Thanx for counting me in.
I will then participate with Revells Leopard 2A6M

P1010190

ET Models PE kit helped to sharpen the details.

P1010490

To turn it into a canadian cat some modifications had to be done.
Slat armor is probably the most prominent feature, but not the only one.

P1010500

The turret…

P1010557

…and the hull needed the attachment points for the slat armor.

P1010558

Most oft the modifikations I did are visible here.

P1010588

In the meantime a base was built

And thats where I am now:

Making lots of Barracuda mats drained my motivation. So that is where I am stuck right now.

Being now a participant of this campaign I hope to get a bit more done these days.

11 Likes

Looking great!

Oh my… I would not even try that in 1/35!!

That is absolutely stunning work, Michael! Really nice details - both on the Leopard, but also in the base. Excellent layout - very effective.

Looking forward to see more :slight_smile:

Great work on the tiny Leo and on the TUV! Did the oil dot filter and got the tracks on mine.

9 Likes

Hot damn Colin, that’s looking really sharp!

1 Like

Looking really good, Colin!

What is the bulge on the middle of the barrel? I have never seen that before. Is it like a fake muzzle brake to hide the 17 prd. Gun?

1 Like

Most probably. German tank gunner were instructed to destroy the Firefly first, hence the camouflage on the barrel and the bulge may indeed be a way to fake a shorter barrel with a muzzle brake.

1 Like

Very nicely done Ezra. I thought initially although the base looked nice it looked a bit stark with just the plaque and TUA on it, but adding the small amount of groundwork has totally changed its appearance now and has really lifted it. Well done on the whole of this build and all the others you have managed for this one :+1::+1:

1 Like

That A6 cat is looking great Michael, some really lovely intricate detailing and it then looks even better when you realise it’s all 1/72… Superb job :+1:

That’s exactly what it is. As has been stated the Germans targeted fireflies as they were the only allied tank that could take on panthers and tigers at range. So they did what ever they could to hide the long 17 pounder, disruptive camo, camo nets, fake muzzle brakes, etc. The light on this shows how hard the end of the barrel can be to see with the disruptive camo

1 Like

Yep, fake muzzle brake.

I like how menacing this looks with the Churchill tracks all over it!

1 Like

Streaking and chipping done, on to pigments and figures/accessories.

9 Likes

Not specifically for the campaign, but I built a thing and wanted to show off.

3 Likes

great job Ezra!
I want to add some precision
during my deployment with the 2eR22eR I was assigned to the recce platoon
our bass camp was located in the city of kiseljak and visoko
the 2 eR22er battle group was organized in this way
3rd infantry company on M113 (A, B, C) (2eR22eR)
1 support weapon company (mortar, anti-tank, pioneer, recce)
1 squadron armor on avgp cougar (12RBC)
1 engineer squadron
1 logistics company
Each company of infantry was assigned in turn to protect the enclave of Srebrinica
to this: added 2 M113 TUA vehicle from the platoon anti-tank
some guys from the recce have been qualified in the field to support the guys from the anti-tank
I was one of those guys
we had an observation post on a mountain outside the town of srebrinica
in front of us there were the Serbs
I hope my explanation is clear
English is my 2nd language I am French speaking
like all members of the Royal 22e Regiment
when I returned to the country I was fully qualified on the TUA
https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/military-history/history-heritage/past-operations/europe/canengbat-mandarin-harmony-cavalier-medusa-panorama.html#cavalier

5 Likes

Getting the figures ready.

2 Likes

Colin… about your loader figure…

Maybe it’s just the angle of the photo.

Lol. If you look at the pic I’m basing it on the loader is wearing an American helmet. Had to improvise, is a bit big, but better in person.