Torsten's bench works

Ooo this should be a treat to watch you build your dual combo Torsten. :popcorn: :slightly_smiling_face:

I can’t help but wonder if Arma’s earlier 1/72 release of the F4F was in some ways linked to Eduard’s 1/48… Perhaps some sharing of the CAD models of the AC itself? :thinking:

1 Like

Torsten,
I’m certainly along for the ride on both F4F-3s which is still one of my favorite Grumman aircraft. All that PE should really make the cockpit POP big time.

joel

1 Like

Nice choice.

1 Like

Looking forward to this one. Had my eye on that kit recently.

1 Like

Looking forward to the build, I have the kit from the US sale. Plan on making mine one of the Marine options when I get to it.

1 Like

Wow! Thanks for all your feedback, guys! :astonished:

Dragos, I hope to finish the builds by end of February or early March, so I can take them with the Ju 87 to the model show. Before my inner eye they are already finished … :slightly_smiling_face:

Russ, I don’t think there’s a co-operation between Arma and Eduard. Eduard works together with Special Hobby. But from what I can see from Magnus’ builds Arma must be State of the Art for 1/72 now, so is Eduard for 1/48. Hardly find any better kits.

Joel, not sure what PE parts I’ll use for my Wildcats. As you know, I’m no big fan of that and will probably use only the necessary ones. I plan to build one Wildcat with open and one with closed cockpit, just like on the Mustangs and Spitfires.

Ryan, I hope I can do the Wildcat justice. As always I’ll try my best … :shushing_face:

Hai noroc!
Torsten
:beers:

2 Likes

Food and fun… no more “F” words ha ha. Great update!

2 Likes

Cool, you are going to knock this one out of the park!

1 Like

Yes, HG, I’m curious how to get the landing gear together. It looks quite comlpex.

Not really an update, but just to show you that I’ve started with the builds. Planting asparagus for a change … :wink: One cockpit will get Interior Green and the Yellow Wing cockpit will be NMF. I hope to start painting this weekend. :crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

Looking good Torsten - seeing your familiar paint setup we can rest assured that the build is on track :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Torsten,
Looking forward to seeing your cockpits take shape. The different colors will certainly make for a most interesting comparison. BTW, the landing gear is complex compared to others of the WWII era, but being a new kit Eduard kit, I’m sure that it’s been engineered that one part fits the next without any issues.

joel

1 Like

I’ll echo both Russell and Joel’s comments about what’s coming next. Your skill is a gift to us all!

1 Like

Thanks Russell, Joel and HG! Very kind! :slightly_smiling_face:

I noticed that the cockpits of my builds look a little different, so on one PE fret are most parts for both the early Pre-War Wildcat and the later version. Which means I can save nearly a complete set for an other build, maybe a future weekend edition … :+1:
1 = VF-41 Yellow Wing
2 = VF-3 O’Hare’s Wildcat

I haven’t used all available PE parts, most of them will hide in the cockpit later anyway, but this is where I am at the moment. I will name the builds VF-41 and VF-3, like I have done on earlier builds. VF-41 cockpit is painted with Revell No. 99 Aluminium and VF-3 with Vallejo 71010 Interior Green. The IP has 6 parts each …

Not sure if I can post another update before the festive days, so I wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May 2023 become better for all of us than 2022 was!

weihnachten2022

After 2 years with limited travelling because of Covid 19 restrictions, I’ll be in Vienna around New Years’s Eve and will return to the bench early in January. Until then take care …

Happy modelling!
Torsten
:santa:

11 Likes

They look good, the PE really makes a difference. Great start.
Merry Christmas to you too, Torsten. And a better New Year.
Hai noroc! :beers:
Dragos

2 Likes

Thank you for pointing out that not all PE parts will be seen, so why bother. Question is, why did they HA HA. Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Nice start Torsten.

Yes, even with tank kits, where the PE is all external, there has to be some common sense and parts left on the fret.

Merry Christmas to you to.

2 Likes

Have a happy and safe break Torsten, looking forward to your continuing bench works in the new year!

Cheers, D

2 Likes

Torsten,
Happy Holiday’s my friend. Looking forward to following your duel builds of the Grumman F4-3s to completion. Their service life was fairly short as the Battle of Midway was about it for them as the F6F’s started to come on line.

Weather wise, we were just visited by the a major dose of the Artic winds, super low temps. Half the country got covered in more then a foot of snow. Fortunately, I live off the NE coast on Long Island NY, so we got buckes full of rain. And now the big deep freeze starts. Just can’t tell you how much I hate winter as I get older and older.
Joel

2 Likes

Thanks for all your well wishes, guys! Very kind! Same back to you and stay healthy! :slightly_smiling_face:

Midnighthawks

All clamps are on holidays now. No more work on the Wildcats for this year. Finished cockpit assembly yesterday evening and this is the result … :slightly_smiling_face:

Joel, I saw the winter storm in the US yesterday evening in the news. That’s really frightning! Though I love snow and winter that would be too much even for me. Stay safe and indoors! The first half of this month we had cold temperatures down to -11°C and some snow even here in my town, now everything is green again and it’s raining, raining, raining … :roll_eyes: Green christmas as usual.

Happy holidays everyone!
Torsten :beers:

7 Likes

Looking good Torsten :relaxed:

Have a Merry Christmas and a great time in Vienna :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes