Trojan avre

Hi guys, this is Newland models kit of the above. It’s all resin and the casting is spot on,a bit brittle for some parts but nothing that can’t be overcome. Here is my progress so far.

The box and contents.

Getting the upper and lower hull together just a bit of heat neede to straighten the lower hull.

Rear and front parts added (more to go on)

Wheels and sprockets on the wheel caps were very brittle andTBH I gave up on them and used ones from a CR2 I had in the stash.
That’s about it for now

Jacko

15 Likes

Looking good jacko… Will be following along for this one

1 Like

Nice work, do they do a Terrier?

1 Like

Is there a mine plough to go with the kit or one available? I’ts going to build up into a fairly beast of a kit as it is but i feel the plough would really complete it.

1 Like

Not at the moment for the Terrier but who would have predicted both Chieftain AVRE variants and a Trojan a while ago?

2 Likes

What have we here?:grinning:

:+1:

4 Likes

Haha yeah should have went to their web page. They have a lot of nice stuff on there. The things I’d be interested in at the moment are out of stock unfortunately.

1 Like

I love me some engineering and recovery vehicles. I’ll be along for the ride on this one I’ve never seen before.

1 Like

Do these carry fascines? I thought they did, but could be wrong. Do they sit on the rear panniers?

How would they be launched?

1 Like

Yep apparently it’s called a midi fascine and sits on the back and in the videos I’ve seen they are put in place with the bucket.

1 Like

Small update here,tracks are on,link and length ones were in the kit not my favourite but to tell OIC household I wanted another £35 for metal ones that would not have had a good outcome😂

Cheers
Jacko

8 Likes

Very interesting kit. It looks pretty good, especially for resin.

1 Like

Yep the casting is top notch although a bit thin and brittle in places but very workable.This company is certainly going to give Accurate Armour etc a good run for their money.

1 Like

Okay - that wouldn’t make for a particularly fast attack on the obstacle though, like the Chieftan AVRE used to do - plough up to the ditch, fire the blow-out pin, fascine is in the gap, next…

1 Like

Not my area mate I was a Scammell Op who’s job was to gently remind the tankies if we didn’t get the bridges to where they wanted them they couldn’t do their job😂

2 Likes

If we didnt get a bridge we just adapted, overcame and conquered lol … (without getting wet)

2 Likes

Ah amphibious Challengers🤔an interesting concept😂

2 Likes

Ok, a bit more done today,some detail on the front hull top and side skirts on. My suspicions have been confirmed it is sitting down at the back and is lower all round than my reference photos show,however that is how it’s going to stay as I’m not putting any heat near to try to raise it! The front mud flaps are going to be redone with plastic as they were very brittle and didn’t last long😳

That’s about it for today,
Jacko

6 Likes

Looks good though … whats causing it to sit ass heavy ?
Those mudflaps are baffling as to why they did them like that… they look like an accident waiting to happen …

1 Like

Don’t really know TBH i set the suspension arms as high as I could so whether it’s to do with hull sizing or not? I’m leaving it though as to try to heat up any one bit will certainly bugger up something else😉there are certainly parts that are very thin but can’t complain the casting is top notch👍

2 Likes