Trojan avre

I really like this build. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Ralph

2 Likes

The level saga might be solved,parked against a CR2 in the collection and it’s not to high at the back but slightly at the front,however the side skirts are to deep😳the depth should be 10mm not 14mm! So do I take them off and shorten them or live with it🤔answers on a postcard please😂

Jacko

2 Likes

Personally … I would live with it … lots of risks if you prise them off then something catastrophic happens while you are trying to get them to the correct depth … Once the the beast is finished, painted, weathered with the usual about of caggage strewn over it … I dont think they will be noticeable

3 Likes

Hi,some progress on the rear deck today,
I took the plunge and heated up the lower hull to try to level the suspension!squeaky bum time but it’s as level as it’s going to be.wy fault really I didn’t check and recheck everything was straight and square🙄I seem to have got away with it though!

Cheers
Jacko

6 Likes

It looks great. Re-doing something is tough. Leaving it nags at you, but “fixing” might be a nightmare that ends in disaster, as people have said. I was unhappy with the engines on my Graf Zeppelin, finally decided to rip them off and redo “properly.” The redo came out worse! They are now accepted as fine (grrr) and the waaay too long time build is done. Finished. Over!

Are you going to build it with the bucket arm facing rearwards like the box art shows?

This might give it a slightly “rear down” posture?

I dunno really, just spit balling here. I think it looks pretty damn good so far. If it was me, I’d live with it and try not to obsess.

No, you’re right and it isn’t a bad shout. If a fascine was added as well, that would add to the illusion (fascines are not that heavy in reality).

Thanks guys I am going to live with how it is (:thinking:) for now.
Could always put it down to a racing start I suppose :+1::grinning:

1 Like

It looks very good, be happy!

Hi,
Righto the hull is done some patching done with card but all in all not to many problems!

I will probably prime and put some colour on before I screw up the courage to tackle the excavator with all its carpet monster bits waiting :joy:

Thanks for looking
Jacko

8 Likes

Its looking like a brute !!

1 Like

Don’t know if these will help this far into the build.

7 Likes

Thanks for that👍I have access to a walkaround but every picture shows up different things.

1 Like

Why not repost or move your whole post to the Reference By Subject Forum? It looks awesome and could be very useful.

3 Likes

Nothing like Mickey Mouse watching over the tanks :joy:

I do agree with @HeavyArty , you should put it in the reference by subject section.

1 Like

Only the Mods can do that as I don’t need that ability as a rule. I can move a whole thread but not a single post.

2 Likes

Maybe just repost it, i.e. copy the whole post and make a new topic in that section

2 Likes

What does this symbol indicate? Is the answer going to be as simple as I think it is? That it’s a first aid kit :thinking:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing these pictures. Close ups shots of hydraulic plumbing is always useful for detailing :beer:

2 Likes

Yea well I have got to make sense of that plumbing on the kit😂

1 Like