Trumpeter Mk VII

Just bought a pen!

1 Like

I got some more fiddley work done with the propeller’s “safety bars.”

Propeller, steering wheel, and the steering linkage are drying. Skis are only temporarily mounted.

Question There are two caps (fuel and radiator) - one below the radiator on the body and one at the top of the radiator. I’d like to paint them a different color. Black, Russian Green, Steel??? Thoughts?

Mike

4 Likes

Taking shape nicely. As with other kits, it’s not one I would ever think of getting or building, but it’s really good seeing how it gets built up and brought to life.
Ref the caps… I would go for Russian green… But that’s just me.

Got the decals on. Forgot how much I dislike Trumpeter decals. I think they’re gonna settle ok but we’ll see in the AM. Maybe it me but I find they’ve got an excessive amount of carrier film and it’s a weird consistency.

Also sadly managed to trash one of the RCEME flashes on the crane boom. So for inexplicable reasons, they used a white bar rather than yellow. Genius me decided to mask and spray. Genius me forgot I’d just used a bunch of Micro-Sol on it and then promptly peeled it off with the mask… :man_facepalming:

Decided to spray the C/S because the thought of using one of Trumpys decals that size gives me nightmares. Spray looks great, though I grabbed the wrong bottle of OD to spray the A which is going to bother me and only me.

Tomorrow, washes!

7 Likes

Very nice Don. The sprayed C/S looks great on the side, and the OD blends in just fine to the normal eye.
Are the props bronze or green on these ? All the upper hull is done on mine now, so will be getting stuck into the turret later tonight after work. Are you adding much stowage to yours Don ?

They were probably green in service. The amphibious gear was all removed as part of the AVGPs midlife refit, so detail pictures of the drives are hard to find. Either way, I went with the bronze for a little colour variety, same with the tools and such.

I probably won’t add too much stowage, maybe a tarp or something. Other than a couple deployed to support missions in the Balkans, these were very much home service vehicles. I do need to add a disco light still.

1 Like

Alright, I think that about does it.

Needs a final pass on the lower surfaces with some flat earth or deck tan for some dust and I’m working on painting up a tarp, but other than that, we’re done!

Rigged up the disco light with some clear sprue and some brass rod. Yes, that’s actually where they went. Seems a bit naff to have it on the boom where it moves about but there you go. Bracket is some leftover etch. All the hydraulics are in as well for the crane.

@petbat , that chrome pen is just mental. I can’t believe how shiny that stuff is. Looks great on the pistons and makes mirrors and lenses look like the real thing. I actually need to go back over some old builds now.

I’ll take some glamour shots tomorrow once I can organize some better lighting.

6 Likes

Looks fantastic! Really neat looking vehicle!

I must have missed an earlier post, what is the chrome pen? I have a lot of kits with metal struts that need to be chromed, and I’m sure it would look awesome n the inside of lamps

Thanks man!

Molotow Liquid Chrome

And now I’m annoyed I didn’t check Amazon because I paid $12 just for one. Though it did go to the LHS, so I suppose supporting the local economy offsets it.

1 Like

Yes it is quite amazing stuff. I have even seen guys open the pen and use the contents in an airbrush for some mind blowing finishes on large pieces…

1 Like

That looks fantastic Don, and it turned out to be a nice clean quick build. Great finish on it and the flashing light is a very nice little scratch build. That chrome pen could also be on my order list as just from the shot above it looks like it has a great finish and that will be a lovely way to do mirrors and lenses. will be good to get some more finished shots from angles like you said, so looking forward to those. Great work.

That sure looks reallu good, lovely!! :+1::+1:

Awesome build Don, it looks outstanding. The camo and markings are excellent and that boom just looks fantastic. I have 3 of the Molotow pens and have used them for hydraulic cylinders and such, they are amazing. I even used one for touching up the nameplate on my 1/1 car. Love your build, man. It just looks sharp.

1 Like

Thanks for the love everyone.

Glamour shots are posted in my Motor Pool thread.

I really should just paint the inside of my spray booth white at this point.

Finally, gloss on the Aerosan in prep for decals (a whopping 3 of 'em) and weathering. Plus a start on one of the figgies.

Mike

5 Likes

First track completed, one more to go.

4 Likes

Hi ld like to bring this into the group build .
E100 super heavy tank

6 Likes

Nice choice, John. What are your plans for camo and markings? Any crazy ideas? I love the opportunity to make crazy camo and markings on these panzer ‘46 kits :slightly_smiling_face:

Damn … Great choice… Now I have seen it again … I want to do another …

Nice work on that track Igor, did you have any issues with it ?