Twin-engine bombers

Dark green paint added. It may not be the right color but “Dark Green” is what the instructions say and the kit is not worth a lot of research

5 Likes

Looks definitely dark green alright, I like it! :+1:
Following :raising_hand_man:

I am picking up my SU-25 build again. I had an Old resin cockpit for it. Very difficult to construct without installing it in the fuselage. It will be a bit cumbersome to paint, but a massive improvement of the kit cockpit and seat.

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey all. just an update on my build., the B 25 MMR,
got the interior just about done. almost ready to seal up the fuselage, just can’t decide to give in to my temptation to add some detail to the cockpit. got the wings glued together and one nacelle.

have to mount the bomb racks and get the bombs done.
Which brings me to a question for some help. how do you all paint or mark the yellow bands and markings? i have tried masking and painting them on but because of the curve of the bomb i had trouble getting an even straight line. is there any decal sheets with bomb markings available other than the printscale one? they are too difficult to place.

4 Likes

That interior looks great!

Decals on

Props and windscreens added

pilots being painted

Crew and MG’s added and she’s done

The kit is about 30 years old and wasn’t first quality even back then for several reasons… The three part fusalage which required a lot of filing to get the front lower fuslage to fit to the upper and rear portions. The crude and over scale details especially on the front fusalage, A seat for the pilot but just a tab on the sidewall of the cockpit for the co-pilot. A very crude ventral dustbin and horrible Lewis guns. It came very close to going right from finish to bin-ish. It’s saving grace is the nice looking decals. On to better things.

7 Likes

Joe, beautiful interior! Looks really nice!

Stevie, nice build. Despite the faults of the kit you did a great build. It is an unusual and impressive aircraft when finished.

1 Like

Nothing more to say, impressive what you made from such a poor kit! Great job!
Peter :raising_hand_man: :+1:

Jet engines with drop tanks added. Next the nose glazing and then on to decals…
:raising_hand_man:

3 Likes

That really is a lovely build! A very unusual looking aircraft and it’s turned out really well. Inspired me to pull mine out of the stash sometime soon.

Right, looking at how long the campaign has left and the amount of work and whittling to get the Pucara to fit together, I just don’t think I can do it justice. It needs care, time and patience to get a good result with that kit.
So, plan-B.

The old Mania 1/72 Kawasaki Ki-48 Lily I bought on eBay cheaply a few years ago.

Parts look good on the sprues. Sharp engraved lines and a decent interior and machine guns.

Marking options for 5 aircraft.

Not sure how the decals are going to work after all this time, but Printscale do make a sheet.

Good news is that Hasegawa frequently reissue this kit so Eduard do a set of canopy masks which will save a lot of time.

Another little surprise in the box, a spare parts ordering slip!

Quite looking forward to starting this one. Should be something very different to what I usually do.

3 Likes

Nice choice.

1 Like

Thanks Phil.
Building the Airfix Val for the Rising Sun campaign has definitely got me more interested in Japanese aircraft, so thought I would get this out of the stash. Doing a little research on the squadrons on the sheet and the interior colours. Seems like an olive green might be the most likely?

Decals are complete (not many on the aircraft, but six for each starter rocket) and now comes the tricky part of mounting the
instrument panel into the glass nose. I had to scratch build it, because I lost the tiny PE part to the carpet monster…
Wish me luck!
Peter :sweat_smile: :raising_hand_man:

7 Likes

Looks great so far, Peter. Good luck on the last part. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice choice, Stephen. Love the possibility of the scratchy fussy green over NMF Japanese scheme.

Looking forward to see more :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Scratchbuilding completed, I hope I will fix it right, too! :fearful: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Good luck… :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Jesper, I think this one better suits the campaign brief more than the Pucara. I’d probably put that in a light attack category?

I have got a set of decals by H-Models on the way to me. They do several sheets for the Ki-48, which surprised me. I went for the sheet covering a pair of aircraft in the Burma campaign. One is solid green over grey, while the second is mottled green over grey. Not sure yet which I’m going to go with.

1 Like

Less than two months to go??? I’d better get started.
Hasegawa’s 1/72 F-117A Nighthawk

It’s a simple enough kit but I just had to add some aftermarket stuff.

Better get to work. :roll_eyes: :wave:

5 Likes

Cool. Don’t remember the last time I saw an F-117 build.

Made a start on the Ki-48 today. As usual, with the cockpit and cleaning up the fuselage halves. Details and fit is pretty good.

3 Likes

Little more work today. Fitted the O2 bottles and some extra drum mags in the bombardiers compartment. Made from slices of the sprue.

Then got it all coated with some primer ready for paint tomorrow. Also worked on cleaning up the wings, engines etc. Going quite quickly so far.

3 Likes