Ukrainian Soldier from MasterBox | Armorama™

And we know from this set they’re not averse to including BOTH types of weapons in one kit:

2 Likes

For those who want to take the challenge… A “walkaround” on the Ukrainian Army ATO pattern.

ATO_Uniform_10

5 Likes

And some images of Saab Dynamics NLAW.

3 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken, Germany is also shipping Strelas and Panzerfaust-3s.

2 Likes

You are correct.

I generally don’t build military models, it seems a little odd to me that this figure would be released in 1/24 when 99.99% of military scale models are 1/35. I see that is is being offered in 1/35 as well, so I’m not sure the 1/24 would sell well. It does appear to be a really nice figure, though.

Jim

In the figure world 1/24 is 75mm and that scale does very well overall.

All,
Looks like SSR Models is printing these out with a 3D printer. I recently bought a 4K LCD resin 3D printer, and mine should be able to print FGM-148 Javelin nicely in 1/35, 1/24 or any other scale that my printing platform area can handle. I don’t have an STL or OJB file for it, but this designer is selling it for $15 USD:

Does it look pretty accurate to you, experts?
If it does, I suggest 5 of you interested pay me $3 each - this is like a crowdsourcing funding. :smiley:
I can print it out in whichever scale you want then send it to you to those of you invested (US mailing addresses only though). Just cover the postage (probably the 1st class in a padded yellow envelope would do) and a fraction of cost for the resin (probably less than 25 cents each).

PM me if interested.

2 Likes

J Lee,

Not common in typical line troops, more common w/ Local Defense and SoF.
Also, not sure how common knowledge but the std. AR or M-4 will accept both 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 uppers with specific mags.
1st two I found - I have about 200 pics (just troops).

1 Like

Not that I am (or claim to be) super camo paint man, 3 tries and I was done.
No - no pics, bad for my sensitive ego.
LOL

I went w/ the Tan/Brown version, which is getting more common in newer pics of fighting.

1 Like

Once again, Shapeways comes to the rescue with a 1/24 AK-47, which one can buy 15 of them for a cheap price.

I think some Shapeways AK-47s might be more detailed than others. There is also 1/24 AKM and AK-74.

Shapeways 1/24 AK-47

“Cheap” is a relative term though. I have been printing out AK-74’s and AK-47’s from my 3D printer, and each one probably doesn’t cost more than 10 cents of resin to print. If you add shipping fee to whatever is on Shapeways, it doesn’t seem cheap to me. Of course, to get ROI on the $300+ 3D printer, you have to print at least 20 times.
Btw, folks, I’ve test printed a 1/35 Javelin launcher using a free STL file. This one does not look as accurate as the $15 STL however.

2 Likes

I have seen plenty of videos where they have had M4s on their backs.

They have been building them under license in Ukraine since 2017. Both a 5.56 and a 7.62X39 variant.

Ukrainian Special Forces and border patrol have been using them since 2018, so there would be more than a “few” M4 and variants floating around.

Not their first foray into 1/24 figures, they have a pretty decent sized line of figures in that scale. Mind you most of them are fantasy figures, Mad Max type. I think this is the first of an actual RL soldier.

Hi Scott,
Do you have any links to those videos you can share? Can you post some photos or screen shots of such showings of M4 carbine on Ukrainians? That would be helpful.

I have watched so many videos on YT, I wouldn’t know where to start, but have seen plenty on there.

I mean, they have been building them in country for 5yrs, so bound to be lots.

As many as they would have AKs? Not a chance, but they are there, so not un-plausible.

Have seen a few with some IAI made, as well as domestically made bullpup type rifles as well.

This figure would go well with my Tamiya OIF US grunt and Dragon D- Boy in the same scale… :thinking:

I don’t know, Scott, my Google search and Youtube search turned up nothing - didn’t show any clips or photos of M4s being carried by Ukrainians other than a few Special Forces and border patrols with some AR variant.

I have more than the two I posted.
But I hav 100’s of photo just of troops and 100’s more of troops on vehicles but I’ll look thru and add them.

Snip of just my desktop troops folder, not all the ones on my laptop yet…

1 Like

So you watched all of the thousands of videos on YT on the Ukraine war? Not inconceivable that it is in a generic video that doesn’t have a title or description with M4 or AR in it.

Could simple be, Ukrainian forces take out a Russian tank, and one of the guys has a M4 variant in his hand or slung over his shoulder.

Just because you didn’t find anything in a “search” doesn’t mean that they aren’t there. They have been manufacturing M4s under license for 5yrs in Ukraine, stands to reason that there would be more than a few floating around.

1 Like