Unfinished Business 2021 Group Build

Nice build Victor! I will be finishing my Academy 1/35 M113, I have had this kit on my shelf of doom for months and the interior about 90% done and all I need to do is add more stowage and paint the ones already on. The academy kit is very nice but ive added some extra details to detail up the interior, like a playboy poster I printed out and some cables. Im going to depict this M113 as one that has been out in he field for a long time i.e a very weathered dusty interior piled with stowage and guns, empty shell casings scattered over the vehicle, field applied camo and lots of dust and mud. I also sculpted a fig and placed him in the back, I made him slumped over with his head down and his rifle in his hand like he just got back from a patrol and is suffering from massive fatigue. I used the Academy figure for the face, helmet, arms, part of the torso and the M16. The rest is sculpted using Apoxie sculpt.
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

With the roof added (not glued) you can see the figure in the shadows adding to the look of fatigue on him.
Imgur

3 Likes

Okay, Iā€™m going to commit to finish my Tasca (now Asuka) Luchs 1/35th scale. Been in this state about 5 years. Canā€™t remember why it stalled, probably due to the broken blades on the aerial end.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to finish some 1/144 scale German armor. These were offered by Dragon many years ago.
I donā€™t remember how to post an image but I remember it was super easy.
Stay safe and take care friends,
Don ā€œLakotaā€

1 Like

Figured out how to post a photo.

1 Like

Hi Don. When you hit reply to a post, there are a series of icons that appear at the top of the reply panel. The icon you want is the seventh from the left, a rectangle and arrow pointing upward representing ā€˜uploadā€™ (it used to be an icon of a ā€˜landscape pictureā€™). Click on that to open the upload panel, click on ā€˜choose filesā€™ (the white rectangle with the words in it). This opens a Windows screen. Navigate to the folder and picture on your pc you want to upload and click on that. Once you have selected the pic, select ā€˜Openā€™ in the Windows screen, then click on the blue ā€˜uploadā€™ button in the Armorama upload panel. Bobā€™s your Auntieā€¦

1 Like

Ha ha, beat meā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for the help @petbat! Iā€™m using my cellphone until I fix my old computer or buy a new one. The cellphone seems a little bit different but not by much.
Don ā€œLakotaā€

2 Likes

This morning I toned down the paint finish. Used oil filters and washes, will let them dry today. Next up, tomorrow I will gloss coat and let it dry over the week. Then decals next weekend.

2 Likes

Is there an official sign up somewhere or does this new site not do that??

Im not 100% sure, I think the way they do campaigns here on the new site are totally different.

No Formal sign up other than a post in the ā€˜Proposalā€™ forum saying you are inā€¦

I think thje intent is that once the leader has the requisite number of ā€˜buy insā€™ and start date, you can ask for the build thread to become ā€˜Activeā€™.

Then when the finish date hits, it will get allocated to ā€˜Completedā€™

Main page shows this:

1 Like

Thanks for the help Peter!

just finishing a couple off that are on the bench, then iā€™ll delve into my stash to pick something. i think i know. Ive got a Meng pick up and some Dragon PMC in Iraq thats been sat for a couple of years

1 Like

I have an unfinished scratchbuild BLG-60M2 AVLB.

I almost finished it in 2019 Once More Unto the Breach Campaign, then joined 2020 Unfinished Builds Campaign, but life - and other projects- got in the way, so I couldnā€™t finish it(sorry Peter).

This time I promissed myself Iā€™ll get it done!
Will post first picture soon

:beer:

7 Likes

Yeahā€¦ Iā€™m in again. Last year took a lot of wind out of my sails, finished some shelf queens here and there, but sort of dropped off the radar around here. Weird year.
Count me in.

Mike

1 Like

Yeah, this is one I REALLY want to see finished Angel !!!

1 Like

I want in, I have an Academy M10 thatā€™s been 90% assembled for about 8 years nowā€¦
IMG_5936 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
Yes, thatā€™s dust on the upper hullā€¦

3 Likes

Thatā€™s some of the most realistic dust Iā€™ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Dug a little deeper in to the parts box, and came up with this little jewel that I might consider for this campaign (instead of an M47), of what I can questionably identify as ā€œJagdpanzer IV/70 (SD.Kfz 162/1) 88mm PAK 43/3 L71ā€. I think I started this kit over 20 years ago. I cannot positively identify who made the superstructure, but I think itā€™s a Fine Cast Model conversion kitā€¦on what I think is a Tamiya chassis. If I decide that this will be used for this campaign, then the date is today as far as the photo goes.

1 Like

Yeah, but the fingerprints are a bit overscaleā€¦ :rofl:

3 Likes