Watch your step Fritz! 1/35

Just for information: I filched this image off the www to show the rear of the pouches and hw the securing loops are angled:

2 Likes

Yo! Thanks man! It’s nice to understand how things you build works in real life. That is often a problem with old stuff. This forum is of great importance for me, thanks again. /Erik

Cool little scene once again,
J

1 Like

I must just endorse that Erik; this site is extremely helpful and supportive, and at times even inspirational.

keep up your good work.

1 Like

Thanks guys!
All night I worked with the painting. How many hours ? Many!
Today he looks like this. Some dots have to be repainted, need a mat varnish, the boots are crap, no shoestrings molded, don’t know have to solve that?
But I am very pleased with his hat and trousers.
Cheers

PS The hat needs some more pink color in the front.

9 Likes

Hi. I will try to change the ammo pockets to more like this:
Several dots will be repainted as I said before.
Cheers

2 Likes

Beautiful painting Erik … I wish figures I attempted were even 1/10 as good as that one and the rest…

2 Likes

John, in someway it’s hard, but in someway it isn’t.
Follow some simple rules and a steady hand makes it “easy”, but it takes a lot of time anyway…
/Erik

1 Like

Nice lookin figure man!
J

1 Like

Nice to see you complete the diorama it is so nice and I wish you good luck at C4-open

1 Like

Great work! The building, and base in general are very well done. Per usual…

1 Like

Thanks to all of you!
I have now repainted some areas on the jacket, the ammo pocket and the hat.

But I must show you this:
A friend of mine have bought an electric mower, he will paint it as a German tank. He has also built a little house for the tank.
He ordered a 1/16 figure from Wish. I promised to paint the figure.
OMG, this was the worst figure I ever seen. Very bad molded, for sure some sort of illegal copy.
Anyway a promise is a promise.

I have tried to make him as good as possible.
Here as well I had to add the binocular strap as well as the metal for the headphones.

I painted the face tonight, this is my first 1/16 head so this just practice.
Some pictures:
Cheers

7 Likes

Looks good to me Erik … and your mate is in for some fun gardening lol

1 Like

I suggested that he would buy a wracked mower for just a couple of euros, paint it as a eliminated Russian tank and place it in a corner of the lawn… :rofl:

3 Likes

Or one of those old style hand mowers, black like burnt out…

1 Like

Yep, a copy of Jeff Shiu’s German Tank Commander
http://jeffshiu.lsft.com/product30.html

I do like the concept and what your doing with it.

2 Likes

Jeez - can this get any more surreal…?

1 Like

I am on a 8 days work trip to Norway, staying at hotels and have brought my painting equipment.
I will focus to paint the uniforms on as many figures as possible.
First I finished the 1/16 figure for my friend. This is absolutely not a realistic splittermuster pattern I just hurried to finish it.

I have tried to make the same pattern in 1/35 on this figure trousers…. for me this is impossible to make a decent painting. This is the best I can do right now. It’s more like the Italian pattern. It’s very hard to make sharp edges on the pattern. Anyway, I made a try at least, but next time I will try to paint the Italian pattern instead.

I do not understand were all the ”grains” in the paint comes from?? They are almost invisible to see while I paint, but after looking at my pictures it’s embarrassing to see them. They really ruins a uniform painting.
Do you guys have the same problem??
Cheers

4 Likes

Being as I am so bad with figures I can’t comment Erik, as to me they look great. I think the bonus is that as there is a lot of other focus in your Dios, a little thing like this grain effect you mentioned gets overlooked, if it’s even seen in the first place.

1 Like

My figures are in the similar boat but with more water sinking then John’s. I cannot see the “grain” your talking about.

I would suggest looking at your figures again as it could be some imagery noise your seeing and it’s not really on the figure.

1 Like