Watch your step Fritz! 1/35

Thanks John! Yes of course for a viewer on a model show it’s almost impossible to see such a detail. But when you take good pictures the problem start…and the judges on the show knows what to look for.
Well I enjoy the process anyway :grinning:

Here you see them:

I will try to detect the grains earlier in the process from know. Cheers

2 Likes

Ok, I did see something on the arm but never saw the leg.

Could it be dust or dried paint? I would say you could play it off as a field stitch but then you would probably have to increase the size to match.

It’s dust and probably dried paint as well.
Tonight I started the fall camouflage painting. Only did a half smock. I feel more comfortable with this type of cammo.
Cheers

5 Likes

You’re not alone. I get those dust-bunnies all the time, even after continual workbench housekeeping. And you’re right, they seem to only show up after photography. I’m constantly picking them off and having to touch things up! :microbe:

—mike

2 Likes

Oh those dust bunnies are evil incarnate! I attribute them to the Kami Spirits mentioned by @Armor_Buff Wade. They always show up immediately under my freshly airbrushed base coat after a fastidious cleaning and protected drying. I usually catch them then with 4X glasses on but the worst has to be when they show up weeks later under all the paint, oils, and final weathering… :frowning_face:

5 Likes

That really shows it well how you build up the colours on top of the base colour. :+1:

1 Like

I like that splinter pattern paint job. It’s a very difficult thing to pull off. Nicely done

1 Like

Thanks gays!
I am now back home. I did paint a little during my 8 days road trip but not as much as I thought.
But I am prepared for 5 weeks of hard work with the diorama.

The figures are primed and ready for camouflage pattern. The same with the heads, first basic layer ready.
Cheers

9 Likes

9 figures … That would fill me with dread Erik. I do love the way you get the cam effect, it really is great to see and so realistic. Glad the work trip went well… Now the other work begins :+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks John!
I have done some work on the building.
I fixed the roof, I made a door, some work with the windows, a put a tile roof over the lower part. And I have found a new character.
It’s a figure made by Stalingrad, I will changed the head and rebuild his left arm, maybe change the hand as well.
I hope the pictures tell the most.

As you see there is more work with the lower roof. Downpipes will be added of course. Then the weathering process of the house starts.

Soon I hope to start painting the Hetzer as well.
Cheers

9 Likes

Very well done I like the figure you rebuilt :grinning:

1 Like

This one gets better and better each time Erik. There are just to many superb little details to mention them all. The door handle, the Z shape on the door where the nails are, the rebuilt figure and how it’s posed stroking the dog. What an amazing scene. This surely has to win an award … Beautiful work :+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks guys! I have now changed the angle of his hand so it interacts better with the dog, and I have start painting the figure. I will take som photos tomorrow. /Erik

2 Likes

Beautifully done man , the figs are very cool !!

1 Like

Thanks!
Well I am almost done with the new guy. I do my very best, and have spent about 6 hours with him.
Just a few more figures to finish……
Cheers

7 Likes

Those are some terrific figures Erik. The faded cam on the trousers on the kneeling figure looks lovely. The sitting guys face is great, he looks like a real thug…
I know you are constantly busy creating a hundred new ideas on what looks like a weekly basis sometimes, but it would be fantastic (for me anyway) if when your able and you do your next big scheme with figures and that type of cam, would you be able to do one of your little edited video clips detailing the various stages of how you actually get the cam painted ? I’m sure everyone would benefit from it who are weak at figures like myself…
Can’t wait to see more of this one …:+1::+1:

1 Like

I think you have surpassed yourself with these figures and I agree with above that a video would be outstanding :smiley:

1 Like

Beautiful paint job once again…
and having a figure with a war wound (missing right middle finger) is a very nice detail :grimacing:

1 Like

Thanks guys. The wound is unfortunately made by the manufacturer as you understand:) But never mind, it works.
Concerning the paint job, no, I am not in the position of making a how to video about painting figures in 1/35. Buildings yes, figures in 1/72 yes, but not 1/35 figures.
I maybe later make a “watch when I” paint a camouflage jacket in 1/35, but that’s for the future.

Right now I am testing how to make the old typical Nordic and Estonian wood fence. Please, this is just a test so far. In the pictures I have placed some figures just for testing sizes etc.
I am considering of replacing the brick wall with a wooden plank instead.

6 Likes