What are you reading

I have down loaded many of Frenchies Tank photo’s from the Ukrainian war and it has gotten to the point I need a guide to know which tank is which in the mix of variants.

About $8:00 at Half Price Books

2 Likes

I have to admit as well. That at the moment. Nothing, though I had been going back and forth between Jesse Stone series and Harold Coyle/ Tom Clancy, or Dale Brown. But since I’ve begun to work on the final Three 2022 models in order to finish them up I’ve put my reading aside until that’s done. I have roughly two weeks to finish the P-61 & the M-60A3 models. since the JU-87 is for the most part finished. Except for some additional decals I plan on finishing over the weekend.

1 Like

5_11109
Reading my first (new) book of the year ,and came across of the military usage of the Tempo made by Mini Art. MiniArt Tempo E400 Hochlader Pritsche 3-Wheel Truck | Armorama™
1621-entry-20-1638781846

Here the text from the book.

‘‘Harburg is a typo ,should be Hamburg’’

Would make an interesting dio, Use W-ss panzer crew in U-Boot leathers to display the ex U-boot members in there infantry role Give em a helmet an a Panzerfaust …done !

Anyway ,real intresting book and a great read .

6 Likes

No, Piet, that’s correct.
Harburg is a suburb of Hamburg and the company was called Vidal & Sohn Tempo Werk GmbH in Hamburg-Harburg
Vidal & Sohn Tempo-Werk – Wikipedia

Btw. I plan to build the MiniArt Tempo A400 this year … :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks Thorsten for the clarification :+1:
When i looked up Harburg it came up a municipality in Bavaria , And it is a long way from Hamburg… thats why i thought it was a typo.

2 Likes

Danger on our Doorstep. By Jim Molan. About China’s military growth in the western Pacific. Scary!!!

3 Likes

Arrived Thursday at my doorstep … :slightly_smiling_face:

The complete encyclopedia of the Leopard 2 in the Bundeswehr, development, testing and all serial versions from 2A0 to 2A7 including Büffel, Leguan, Kodiak, Driving School etc. Bilingual (german/english), 320 pages, limited to 999 copies and not really cheap. But I have a soft spot for that little car … :blush:

5 Likes

Working on this one for a book review for Osprey Publishing.

6 Likes

DSC00260

DSC00319

4 Likes

Well started this one a bit different from my normal read but gives me a break from military history ready for the next one after this.

3 Likes

in my attempt to read every book about MACV-SOG, i have now started on John L Plaster’s second book.

4 Likes

If possible can we see the table of contents? Looks interesting

2 Likes

Finished the Firefly book, onto this one.

6 Likes

Reading a book called Flyboys about the 8 airmen imprisoned on Chichi Jima just north of Iwo Jima. I knew nothing about the story but found it at a local second hand book store for $3

Really riveting story. Absolutely gut wrenching the description of evil on all sides of the pacific war at times

5 Likes

Finished the Wing Leader book on the Hurricane Mk. I and on to the Lancaster M. I/III.
DSC00284

Edit: The author was General Manager of Wingnut Wings.

Finished the Danish CV90 book, on to the Type 90 and Type 10 book.
DSC00261

5 Likes

A1

Same here ,this is the last one i got (haven’t read it yet )

2 Likes

@maartenboersma if you go to episode 13 of the SOGCAST you can hear the author talk about his book and time in SOG

i will add it to my list

kind regards

Klaus

2 Likes

DSC00284

DSC00103

6 Likes

Currently reading this one for a book review for Casemate Publishers.

3 Likes

Dawn of Carrier Strike. A very interesting overview of the development of the British carrier force and the use of carriers in the Norwegian campaign of 1940.
41K4E59TgcL

6 Likes