What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Thanks.

That is an interesting Tie fighter.

3 Likes

Revell '32 Ford 2 n 1. Building the High Boy.

Mike

8 Likes

I am still working on the tracks of the Jagdpanther, I hope to finish them today and then start painting

2 Likes

Working on RFM Panther A/G tracks today.

Nasty punch mark to remove in center plus other minor clean up.

Nice instructions address right hand & left hand tracks.

Bonus of extra road wheels regular & steel plus some ice sprags. Extra rubber tired road wheel can be tire on or off etc. Very nice!

Jig included.

Guide teeth are nicely molded.

With all that said, I think QuickWheel QuickTracks are probably a faster less hassle solution for about the same cost minus the extra road wheels & idlers.

8 Likes

Preparing the Quiz “Guess Who is Who?” for my modelling buddies:

My last 2 Maybachs are 3d and 5th from left.

Cheers,
Angel

12 Likes

Angel, that’s a fantastically great looking line up of Pz IV!

Which kit is the one is 2nd from left?
7a54ea4dfc16279a7d270d554e88767382019097_2_1380x404

Definitely my favorite :heart_eyes: A+++

7 Likes

What is 5 Tiger tanks? :sunglasses:

6 Likes

XXXXXX! Sorry Ryan but you won’t be joining us for final Jeopardy.

7 Likes

Thanks Wade!

Your favorite is from VOMAG’s May 1943 production- Fgst.84907/Bulgarian reg. number B 60250.
A tank from the First Armored Company, The Armored Brigade.
Participant of battles in both Yugoslavia and Hungary, Fgst.84907 wore out, was written off and scrapped on July 31st 1945.

IIRC, I built it from MiniArt’s May 1943 VOMAG Interior kit

Cheers,
Angel

7 Likes

That’s what the troops would have reported seeing. I don’t make the rules.

7 Likes

Damn, Angel. Remember when the model box just said “Panzerkampfwagen IV” on it and we were happy with that?

5 Likes

Wow!

That’s awesome historical context to know about Vomag Fgst.84907 Bulgarian reg. number B 60250.

5 Likes

Yes I do, Matt!

But then one day I came across a book by Kaloyan Matev, then found Panzer Tracts, Speilberger’s “Pzkw.IV und seine Abarten”, Craig Ellis books, started collecting pictures of Bulgarian Maybachs, crawled over and under some Pz.IV wrecks in Yambol and voila…

No more Panzerkampfwagen Vier for me, but Ausfuerung, probable production period and producer.Fgst No if any to compare to numbers I know e.t.c.

AP4S(Advanced Pz.4 Syndrome)

:beer:
Angel

7 Likes

Finished some internals on my 1/48 P-51D …

Wheel bays

Imgur

Cockpit area

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Looking again at the pics, those holes in the seat frame look a bit rough but when closed up they won’t really notice (I hope)!

Ready to close up the fuselage I think!

19 Likes

Terry, looks good to me!

I may have missed this detail, is that a Meng, Hasegawa, Tamiya etc 1/48 kit?

Thanks

3 Likes

How to pass the time during a company-wide Zoom meeting:

13 Likes

Thanks! It is the old Tamiya kit, still going strong, I used Eduard pre-printed and plain etch in the cockpit and the wheel bay is from Aires, which I have to say requires huge amounts of filing/sanding to get it to fit inside the wings!
I’m doing the build for the 453rd Bomb Group Heritage museum at Old Buckenham in Norfolk. A number of my friends and I are building a selection for Jim the curator, dedicated to so many brave American airmen that served over here during WWII, many never to return home.
This particular aircraft will be finished as Green nosed “Cisco” as flown by by Lt. John W. Lamont of the 370th FS, based out of East Wretham, not far from Old Buckenham.
Jim has also given me a 1/72 B17 to build for the museum. Between us so far, we must have built around 15 models.

The museum website is here https://www.oldbuck.com/

Jim also runs a facebook page here Redirecting...

The whole of East Anglia is littered with ex RAF and ex USAAF air bases, and the area exudes nostalgia, kept alive by those still serving at Lakenheath and Mildenhall, and of course museums like Jim’s.
I can recommend a visit to anyone who is ever in this part of the world.

7 Likes

A+++ Terry! Thank you :blush:

Today’s hobby theme, “Revenge of The Shelf Queens”. Taking these two to IPMS/Roscoe Turner’s Saturday work shop meeting.

Getting the old Gunzy/Imperial/Dragon Pz IV F2 back on the work bench makes eight active projects with no shelf queens sitting. A minor miracle :sparkles: and my first time in 25+ years there wasn’t a model on the shelf of shame.

Probably take most of the meeting to sort the clutter in old Gunzy Pz IV F2’s…three boxes.

8 Likes

after quite short break, returned to bench … :beer:

16 Likes

Corrected the right side of the Clubmobile, after finding out the CMK conversion had it all wrong :woozy_face:

8 Likes