What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Did such a good job camouflaging my entry for the Spitfire campaign that when I went to look for it to mask some sections I could not find it.

I was looking for the white-primered model I worked on last night but forgot I put the ocean gray and dark green plane in front of a line of German tanks.

So, um, yeah…

Pictures later.

6 Likes

Hobbyboss kit. OOB per client. Only Hobbyboss kit I’ve built, can’t say I was all that impressed. Builds up nice enough in the end.

18 Likes

Today was nice and sunny, so I took the big red truck out for some final photos:

Nothing subtle about this rig :smile: It’s big and heavy - those huge resin tired (3" diameter) certainly anchor this guy to the ground. I saw a post here recently about favorite/least favorite parts of a build - and for this one, I’m sorry that it’s done, it was fun and a challenge -

It you’d like to see more images, I’ll be posting them here:

Hmmm, the link is to Damian’s last post - well, it’s also the build log for this build, so, happy weekend

Cheers
Nick

21 Likes

Unbelievable Nick you can’t tell that isn’t a 1:1 truck! What an outstanding build! And it’s all scratchbuilt! Makes me want to put away my tools and take up making friendship bracelets.

6 Likes

Nick @Stickframe — that rig and cargo is going to be out of this world … and talking about crazy sorcery and scratch building skills … Angel @ayovtshev --That gun looks incredible mate. Cant wait to see more work get done on this one. So skilful … both of you – amazing work and detailing…

5 Likes

The only thing that model is missing is a bunch of 1/24 guys standing around watching while one guy operates that winch. Seriously!

3 Likes

Didn’t make anything, But, attended a wargaming show, in Wolverhampton, with 20 other clubs and was presented with best club table.:hugs::hugs:

18 Likes

Congratulations to you and the club!
:+1: :smile:

4 Likes

Still fiddling with weathering…

Getting the Stug III G ready for decals applied a gloss coat per my normal procedure.

Had to evict Joey cat first

Shot per directions at 15 to 20 psi, 3 light coats in one of those pictures…I can’t tell the difference in before & after.

Decided I don’t care for AquaGloss. Usually I’m a fan of Alclad products but not this one.

13 Likes

What can I say about the big red truck that hasn’t already been said? That thing is bad ass.
The photography is pretty damn good too.
Most convincing model I’ve seen in a while.

Nothing in the workshop per se, but I have been having trouble with the 20+ year old incandescent track lights in what my Wife refers to as The Museum where my wooden toy collection lives.

They were flickering on and off and sometimes I could hear arcing noises……

Got a new connector and a single track section and

And a whole bunch of LED spots.

Wife’s recovery from knee surgery continues to go well. Changed out the dressing yesterday and was surprised how small the surgical wound were.

21 Likes

Finished the British lorry .

14 Likes

Dang!
That’s quite a collection!

3 Likes

Stap me Al, are you sure you’ve enough room? I dream of space like that; mind you, I’d probably get agoraphobia.

3 Likes

@Uncle-Heavy and @BootsDMS , I neglected to add that I got the bright idea to add a 3 way dimmer switch for my fancy new LED lights:

This lasted about 10 seconds after I wired it up because I’d forgotten that the wall plugs for the fluorescent tubes in the display cases were on the same circuit….I slid the dimmer bar down only once and quickly back up to full power before I realized what I’d done.

It was exciting, to say the least. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Live and learn
live and learn
bright sparks sets the pulse racing …
:rofl:

4 Likes

More little Parts and Etches on the Puma… More to do…

Soon I can play with sanding the the thing

10 Likes

Started some CONEX Boxes… :package::package:

Gecko Models (35GM0112) US Military 8’ Storage Container Set [Vietnam War Era]

—mike :helicopter:

7 Likes

Read an interesting book a few years ago titled “ the box” that went into how the Vietnam War was a major impetus for containerized shipping.

2 Likes

Wow, that is a great room. Everything organized, reminds me of a store with the “expensive” stuff behind glass.

3 Likes

Well it looks really good! The end result was worth it!

3 Likes