What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

That is a great display room! I’ve got the same bookcases (Ikea), but mine aren’t filled with very cool models… Good you fixed that bad connection. Arcing melts plastic!

3 Likes

I would pay admission to see that in person and hear the stories. Very nice.

3 Likes

That’s kinda like searching for your eyeglasses only to find you’ve pushed them up on your forehead . . . doh!

Cajun :crocodile:

4 Likes

Or my wife searching for her phone…

…and it’s in her hand.

5 Likes

Painted a few details & added vertical streaking on two small fry.

13 Likes

My last day on holiday and a little more is done for today… A little overview over the Puma, how it will look

A lot more needs to be done… most important the basket is missing
Rabbits

13 Likes

@Rabbits very nice clean looking model build. The photo etch work looks very sharp. Sweet!

3 Likes

That looks goood!

2 Likes

The bits, the bits! They do add.

1 Like

Finally got time to get some clear on the MRV.
Decals next.

Three coats of yellow lacquer to completely cover fire extinguishers?

9 Likes

Yellow and red pigments are notoriously difficult …

5 Likes

My friend that paints fantasy Warhammer figures uses many acrylic coats to build up on a yellow flag, shield, etc. He says in figure painting competitions the more yellow items involved on a figure the better to get the edge in judging as yellow is universally know to be a challenge.

6 Likes

a new nurse appears on the scene #Clubmobile

7 Likes

Finishing my enty for the Winter Wonderland campaign

14 Likes

Waiting for the Microsol to do its thing.

Aaannd I just noticed one of my stencils is cockeyed…

15 Likes

Yes, yellow is very difficult on figures- as is white. I’m currently doing a large yellow piece and gave up on my first attempt and stripped it as after about five coats it still had not covered the primer properly. And that was with thick, Scale 75 Arists Acrylics. One trick I used in the past was adding a bright yellow ink to the paint- a technique I might have to use again. Currently trying again using an airbrushed yellow for the base color.

5 Likes

I have built the one axle trailer for my 76.2 mm. AAG mod.1931:

And started reworking some features, I built wrongly 7 years ago:

It seems I need to “touch” almost every sub-assembly.

Cheers,
Angel

18 Likes

Just cobbling together an M1IP… Full build can be found below…

Tamiya M1 Abrams (35124). M1/M1IP conversion - Armor/AFV / Cold War - KitMaker Network

10 Likes

I’ve kept working on the drill rig:

I decided to leave the mast moveable for making painting and installing winch lines easier. I need to add some tool boxes and detail parts, but this is almost done.

I’m about to start a thread on the Auto site for something called International Paystar, which is the truck that this will eventually reside on -

Cheers
Nick

20 Likes

Isn’t that the nozzle wrench to an Aztec/Testors Airbrush?

1 Like