What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Made up clevis’ out of brass square tube and curved canopy from brass sheet - all soldered to ROPS frame .

12 Likes

Started on the Meng Rolls Royce armored car and got pretty far on it. What a neat little kit! I’ve got a special paint scheme planned for it.

16 Likes

Subassemblies starting going together today!

18 Likes

I wasnt happy with the colour, so I had re-done it. Adding more blue, for a more panzergrauish look. Can you see the difference ? Pleas tell me THAT YOU CAN SEE A DIFFERENCE !!!

10 Likes

My eyes are not the best and I don’t have my glasses with me, I must say, I can’t see a difference. But I still think that it looks great👍

1 Like

If it’s good enough for you, it’s good enough for everyone. Your models have to please you, not us (but it looks good to me anyway).

3 Likes

Since you ask in general, here’s my opinion & impressions.

1. The contrast is very nicely done. That’s quality preshade/shadow paint airbrushing. I like very much. That’s an outstanding base paint job to work and weather A++.

2. I think you did exceptional well excuted work getting your desired result. A++ in that regard.

3. I’m not proponent or fan of blue :blue_heart: tinted Panzer Gray. That’s artist choice, modelers often make different choices. Part of what keeps the hobby interesting.

4. I’m looking forward to seeing your model progress as you paint and weather it. That will be a real treat! A++

4 Likes

I downloaded the images and viewed them on the big screen side-by side instead of over-under. By comparing them this way, I can clearly see the difference. Looks good! :mag:

—mike

3 Likes

It was a dry day and got home from work with at least half of daylight still, so took the opportunity to get a quick coat of Tamiya rattle can primer on my SS Botany Bay.

8 Likes

Added PE and other stuff. Nothing on the top of the box is permanently attached other than the exhaust system.

11 Likes

I scratched and KLAWed around today. :hammer_and_wrench:

“Workable” hydraulic cylinder for the Haunebu IIb ‘KLAW’… one more to make. :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike …:flying_saucer:

14 Likes

When I was building mine, it was photo-etched, but the wheels were not made of resin. The model is currently undergoing a facelift

1 Like

I’m just about ready for primer on the counter battery radar assembly.

18 Likes

Hand painted the bumpers, brush guard and exhaust on my Tamiya M1043 USMC HMMWV.

This will compliment the M1046 TOW Carrier I have on my stash. Representing 3/4 Marines as they rode into Iraq in 2003.

15 Likes

Looking good. Don’t forget the portable ammo poop box on the exhaust.

4 Likes

Lookin’ good! What kit is that?

It’s a Tamiya M1025 kit (originally); withe the supplemental armor doors from the M1046; the interior has a 3D printed SINCGARS radio rack from Priamide (Shapeways vendor). Instead of the Mk-19, i used the .50 cal and modded the 40mm ammo can to be an extra large .50 cal ammo can and i replaced the kit’s wheels with some Panzer Art sagged wheels.

8 Likes

‘KLAW’ attached to the ‘KAT’ arm. The clevis bases are now affixed with CA glue and pistons are in fully workable condition. :metal:

—mike …:flying_saucer:

14 Likes

After work I just sat in the man cave and enjoyed a good ale. That glass is from the Eduard big-oops 1/48 (actually 1/47) scale Royal Class Bf-109G Kit. Don’t mind the Stollies in the background. Use that for cleaning the airbrush (that’s my story and I am sticking with it)

Cheers
:beer: :nerd_face: :beer:

13 Likes

Despite seeing a 15cm nearly 30 years ago at Aberdeen, I never realized just how big that artillery piece was until sitting close to the Pz III model.

Goodbye temporary work bench, on the road home today. Pretty happy with basically getting two built while away from home.

Operation BuBBa-Rossa

12 Likes