What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Just finished tonight Das Werk/Takom 1/16 Panzer III

10 Likes

I was summoned to the bomb room to work on the carousel and cradles today. :circus_tent:

So here’s the empty nester…

… and eight resin ruckus makers awaiting their turn to drop in! :bomb:

“Bomben los!” :bomb::bomb::bomb::hole: :grin:

—mike … :flying_saucer:

6 Likes

Today I don’t have a long time to stay at work, the most people will not come to our store, if the weather is like that

It’s not very much snow, but in germany it’s a desaster. Tram and your bus is to late and traffic at all is hard.
That means, my jagdpanther-engine really will be finished today, or maybe tomorrow.
Have a nice weekend

3 Likes

My town would be shutdown for a day or two. For us the snow can cause an issue but it’s ice that really does a number.

2 Likes

In the north of germany, where I live, snowfall is not often. The last harder snow was 2 years ago, it was snowing for 2 days and it needs nearly 3 weeks to get the traffic with bus and tram/train to work again. Don’t speak about the lots of accidents

I haven’t done much military-themed lately but I managed to knock six more kits out of the stash since my post on 2/26:

All are Revell kits except the convertible which is AMT. The Revell kits tend to fit a bit better and have more detail than the AMT but there is an age difference in the molds each company uses so Revell has better tooling but AMT has a wider range of vehicles. That said, in this case Revell hit many of the high notes of the Muscle Car Era.

So we have the (from left to right):
'68 Charger R/T
'69 Chevelle SS 396 (The car my mom’s friend tried to convince me to buy as my first car back in 1987)
'69 Nova SS (One of my mom’s early cars after the '65 Shelby GT350)
'69 GTX convertible
'69 Camaro SS 396
'71 Hemi Cuda 426

Some hoods are a little askew; I hastily brought these over from the display for the group photo and was trying to hurry before a cat showed up. Charger has no tail lights at present until I either find the damn things or fabricate some.

10 Likes

That is a very nice muscle collection you built. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. After my nearly year-long slog through a dozen PZ III kits I found a sudden urge to purge myself first by building a bunch of Trek and Wars kits and then by blowing through a bunch of cars kits. I have completed ten since the year began.

4 Likes

Time to start. I want to finish the engine this weekend, I think it will be

5 Likes

Not finished today, but there is not much left. In germany, the day slowly turns to the end, so it will be done tomorrow.

Have a nice day

10 Likes

Same, but our problem is that we don’t get snow very often, so the county only has a small fleet of snowplows, which means a day or two before the main roads are clear. In addition to that, the county is quite long, so we have part of the school division farther north, which has different conditions when it snows, so we have to shut down school until all the schools can open. Right now, though, it’s just chilly.

3 Likes

Assembled the bomb cradles with CA glue. In addition, I added some MENG Resin Bolts to the carousel’s top. :gear: :nut_and_bolt::nut_and_bolt::nut_and_bolt::nut_and_bolt::nut_and_bolt:

“I cannot move!” :face_with_monocle:

—mike :grin:

7 Likes

What is the cradle for?

1 Like

From a post further up in this topic
Holding and dropping bombs?

2 Likes

I was more interested in the vehicle/machine that this device will be located in. It seems somewhat complex for a plane, and takes up quite some space.

1 Like

Aha!
I think it is destined for Mikes Haunebu II flying saucer but I could be wrong.

4 Likes

In that case, it may be an intelligent idea.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see the finished model :smiley:

3 Likes

A similar device could be rigged up to tow behind your car and instead of bombs it would carry mines.

But only to discourage tailgating.

5 Likes

Nothing exciting, Clean the cat pan. LMAO

1 Like