What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

It makes sense for mines, because you need to place them flat down. Bombs, on the other hand, can be lobbed backward or pushed out of a tailgate.

I have consolidated my stash into one box for when i move for Uni. Now I have a Pt-109, Panther A, an assortment of fuel canisters, some spare canopies, T-34 road wheels, and assorted Wehrmacht accessories (from older Tamiya kits that I plan on using as filler/stowage/clutter), in one box.

2 Likes

Injecting old lube oil into the exhaust keeps tailgaters away …

1 Like

Lots of modeling today. Built two storage bins for the Whippet, finished 3.7 cm Fahrpanzer and added paint to a Porsche 911 build.

2 Likes

made side turret strap down points.

7 Likes

Uncle-Heavy’s got it right… It is the Haunebu IIb’s (flying saucer) ‘SC 250 Kg Bomb Kerplunken System’ (“Kerplunk:” The sound made by bombs dropping through the vertical launch tube). :bomb: :bomb: :bomb::hole:

And to make matters even more confusing… I just got done with this side (1/2) of the Bomb Elevator Delivery System.

To be continued…
—mike …:flying_saucer:

5 Likes

Finally finished Tamiya’s 1/48 scale Abrams. Started it five years ago and completed most of the assembly. Picked it back up this year.

Fairly happy with it all things considered. Used Tamiya rattle can paints and clear, artist oil filters, and Tamiya pigments.

(The tan color is accurate—for some reason the phone makes it an orangeish yellow…)

11 Likes

I am currently spraying the base coats for a 1970 Firebird, 1969 Hurst Olds; a 1963 Corvette Stingray, and a 1955 Corvette.

About to do the interior for the '55 Vette.

4 Likes

So my IPMS has a build outside your comfort zone. I picked a Tamiya Porsche 911 Turbo….what could wrong. Me that is what. It’s a beginning kit, I removed most of the mold lines and hit it with primer. Found some areas that needed touching up and hit the hood with a sanding stick by mistake. More sanding and primer. The multiple layers didn’t not blend well. Added the head lights as they part clear, part body color. Liquid mask seemed the best idea inside of masking the curves. You guessed it, the mask didn’t completely cover the lenses as I discovered afterwards. Spent time polishing the covers. She is a good enough build.

I really want to hit back one more time to even out the coat but I think it will just get worse. Luckily the weather is not great today rain/snow mix so no rattle can outside.

11 Likes

Making up U -bolts that hold the roof canopy to framework .

8 Likes

Time to start the last steps

I’m sure that I finish it today
:thinking:

6 Likes

Famous last words …

4 Likes

The weather is not conducive to outdoor spray bomb rattle can painting here either, @Tank_1812 ….

While the Wife was out of the house yesterday, I put on my respirator and primed the radar in the basement bathroom while the exhaust fan was running. I shut the door after and left it in there for several hours.

Worked on the MG ring mount for the Alpha and I’ll start installing the tie downs on the front end that’s only temporary attached.

Instead of fussing with PE tie downs, I thought I’d try these 3D printed ones in the upper RH corner of this sheet that were mentioned somewhere on the forum.

9 Likes

Got the M46 into a near-paint ready state. The bench had to be cleared out for a new project.

7 Likes

It’s really finished!

I will put the base colour with the airbrush all over, then the details with the brush. I hope it works the way I think.
I will do some parts still today, the next weekend(s) I will finish the interieur-parts.
Maybe I have some time next week, there is still snow here, that means not much work.
Have a nice week :v:

7 Likes

We had snow flakes for two hours this morning. All gone with the later rain. Just wet and cold. Just in time for “spring” and 2nd pollen season.

2 Likes

“Stop making sense”…

The bomb rises from the floor via chain elevator, then it is pushed into the carousel whereupon the bomb is rotated to the far side and is dropped into the launch tube. … Does that make any sense?

Here, the launch tube is a drinking straw with a chopped Tamiya Bucket attached to its end.

Coming up… More Chain Elevator assemblies and more cutting and drilling into the saucer’s floor panel. :hocho: :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike :bomb::bomb: :bomb::flying_saucer:

9 Likes

Just messing around with leftover M-113 parts on my spare parts bins. I feel an IDF Zelda M-113 coming.

8 Likes

And put paint on my little USMC M3A1 Stuart tank. Need more things to do, but it’s closer to the finish line.

11 Likes

We’ve got a Nor’easter coming tonight. 18" of snow and I have tomorrow off. Benchtime!

6 Likes