What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

In hanover, germany there was snow and really coldness at the weekend. Now it’s 15° and sunshine

Looks a little different then saturday…

1 Like

Late on parade as usual with this thread; love the Green Archer and it’s existence (in 1:35) had passed me by. It was, of course, a Brit piece of kit and I’m sure you’re aware of that; anyway, in the Brit Army we had them mounted on FV 432s in similar fashion, whereby they became known as FV 436s, and were used in our Artillery regiments - rather obviously I suppose. We also had them trailer-based with silent generators providing the power. We replaced it in the mid 70s (I think) with the Cymbeline radar, also mounted on FV 432s.

'Looking very forward to this coming to fruition - lovely work Al!

2 Likes

I must admit that I did know about the kit (Green Archer) - I’d just forgotten! Clearly, age does indeed weary one(!)

4 Likes

Finally, recovered from my little 600 mile trip home in the truck Friday and will hit the work bench later today. Same trip in the 91 Camaro or 72 Corvette is child’s play zero side effects for me, I’ll feel just like I did 30 years ago. However, in the truck it kills my knees, back & hips. I feel 30 years older like 88 instead of 58 after driving it in my Tundra. Punishment for driving low sporty cars all of one’s adult life, I can hardly get in or ride in a normal truck or SUV, it’s painful. :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

Edit -

Woot! My air compressor ran for the first time in over a year and a half! Turned right on and kicked over! Definitely a good day in the hobby room.

Last time that compressor sat that long was about ~15 years ago and it seized. It proved a real pain to break loose again. Took six weeks of trying, sprayed REM oil plus a several whacks with a rubber mallet.

3 Likes

Finished up brass work for canopy - now ready for primer.

12 Likes

Haunebu IIb ‘Chain Mail’ Bomb Delivery System…

… and with a little chain for effect. :chains:

—mike …:flying_saucer:

11 Likes

Got the rear bed on my RR AC.

7 Likes

A nice cup of coffee… the radio on… And a good kit in the bench, ready to be built. LIFE IS GOOD.

(Except for the “Being Snowed In” part. :rofl:)

4 Likes

Hey the pantry is full and the power is on so I don’t give a rat’s petootie about being snowed in!

6 Likes

All the better. You took care of “the 5P’s”; so it’s all good.

3 Likes

Waiting for the oil wash to dry on the Magach. Meanwhie, I finished up the lower hull and running gear on the Tiran 4. Running gear on the Tiran also painted and gloss coated waiting for the oil wash.

2 Likes

That was my hope, to get snowed in, but it’s like spring and I have to go to work😂

1 Like

Just a little update to the update…

Ripped out the chunky lateral supports and replaced them with thinner strips.

10 Likes

AK Green primer yesterday followed by Vallejo bronze green today.

Soon I’ll be able to assemble the radar and start on the NATO camouflage on the vehicle.

11 Likes

Working on the Mack parts.

6 Likes

Gloss clear on the radar- it doesn’t get camo.

15 Likes

Another addition to the Haunebu IIb Bomb Room. :hole::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: :bomb: :point_left:

Ramrod piston and travel rail assembly. :plunger:

Keyed for actual travel. :hammer_and_wrench: :grin:

10 Likes

Just gets better every time I see it Al.

6 Likes

Not exactly today,
rather on the 5th of March
and not exactly in the workshop
rather someplace on the way
from one of them to the other.
Moving a small fraction of the stash
to storage in the workroom at the
summerhouse. Couldn’t drive the
last half mile since the road was
almost pure ice with steep inclines.
Front wheel drive and spiked tyres
only get you so far, should have
bought me some snow chains.
The wood will be converted to shelves,
I will be needing more of those …

Ten roundtrips, one mile each round trip, slipping, sliding,
uphill and downhill but the weather was excellent :grin: :+1:

14 Likes

Holy crap! That’s dedication!

And I’ve been complaining for two weeks because it’s been 35-40F and windy(10-30MPH).

4 Likes