What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

9 Likes

Al, both of those tracks are outstanding! That radar track is simply gorgeous! Fantastic multi-media work and excellent finishing. You’ve done an incredible job on it. Nice way to end your “modeling season”.

3 Likes

Thanks! I really appreciate all the feedback I’ve gotten. I’ll chip away at the Green Archer and the Alpha over next couple of months because my focus will be elsewhere.

5 Likes

Update on my Academy M10 GMC.

Started painting the sandbags and stowage. Mostly Khaki for the sandbags and a combination of Khaki and buff for the musette bags. I’ll keep painting more details when I get home.

ETA: Edited thd pics a little to better show details.

13 Likes

Did the .30 cal come with it or did you have to get separate? My RFM sherman doesnt come with one and I need to convert it for a Fury build with interior.

1 Like

The Academy set came with the .30 cal as an extra. Academy also makes a separate machine gun set with the exact mount you will need for your “Fury” build.

4 Likes

yes, thats the one I am about to order. The live resin one is to hard to get.

1 Like

:construction: KLAW Excavating Company :construction:
“Excavating is what I do… Now gimme some elbow room!”

:construction: :hammer_and_pick::pick::tractor:… Bzzzzzzz… whirrrrr… scrape… grind… crunch… chomp… clunk… thud…

giphy

Don’t fall in! :hole: :grin:

Did a bit of home improvement to the ship’s Bridge…

Inspektor 172: “Hmmm… I like what you’ve done with the place. … Now where is my chair… and where are my dials? How do you expect me to fly this Dummkopf ship?!” :face_with_monocle:

:flying_saucer::boom::tractor:
—mike

8 Likes

@SableLiger Reynier, the M10 is looking very good! :+1:

2 Likes

Is the one I used for my “Fury” build.

13 Likes

That M10 is looking sweet! Nice build, great detailing, just the right amount of stowage. Outstanding paint work and great color choices.

2 Likes

part two starting of the three steps in painting just the wheels. 52 wheels. 52 both sides painted grey. 52 both sides shaded and outer rubber painted black, 52 painted hull red.

5 Likes

I painted the wheels on the sprue until now but this way you dìd it seems to be a good way to, I will try it next time

You could at least do primer that way. Then let the black fill in the sprue cuts and if you had any sanding.

2 Likes

I finished up the camo scheme on the WW1 US 6-Inch Gun on Field Carriage M1917. These were coast defense guns pulled from the US west coast defense forts and mounted on a field carriage. 3 regiments worth were shipped to France with their Coast Artillery Corps crews.

This is the excellent Panzer Concepts 3D printed kit. I used the silly putty technique and Tamiya paints.

23 Likes

Nice camo. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Wrapped building the hull.

12 Likes

You know, I posted a pic of a Panther I did where a cable was dangling along the side and some guy chastised me for it. Said the platoon leader would have had my ass if it was a real tank.

4 Likes

I think they are in the process of figuring whos gonna tell the commander.

8 Likes

Sounds like a fun comment and character, like that “been there done that” fellow who got booted.

Yes, in peace time sure, that seems likely a valid point. In fall/winter of 1943, when this Grossdeutschland Panther D would have running around the Eastern front being part of the “fire brigade” - I’m OK with slack towing cables given how often Panther Ausf D’s had issues…

…but each to their own interpretation…

Besides who to say a newbie crew member didn’t screw up and get chewed out on occasion :thinking:

4 Likes