What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

What does this new little modification do, exactly? (The aviation ministry just wants some clarifications. You may also be familiar with the unfortunate fellows that refused to such requests.)

3 Likes

Ah yes, I seem to recall an unreported incident where an individual stumbled and was ejected out of the Launch Tube. …:hole:

The following is my full report to said Aviation Ministry. Please take the time to read through it very carefully. :books: … Page 5150: Description: Cover

—mike :grin:

2 Likes

And did they always have the time after using the cable to put it away properly?

2 Likes

Made a small start on my Pit-Road IJN Type 96 triple 25mm AA gun for the “Land of the Rising Sun” campaign.

I’ve also been working on widening the opening of the ring that goes on the base of my Takom 1/35 Sea Dart launcher arm base.

2 Likes

Worked on the turret today…

…got a little carried away…

14 Likes

GAZ-MM with mini-“Stalin’s Organ” and Trailer.

Mike

9 Likes

Got the fenders, running boards, and lights on my RR AC. Did the wheels and tires. Made a start on the turret.

11 Likes

Glued the receiver of the port 25mm, then discovered a tiny gap at the top. I applied more glue then clamped it.
DSC00473

For my long-neglected Tamiya Ducati 888 build, I applied some Micro Mask to preserve the frame’s colors from the Semi-Gloss Black I will apply.
DSC00471

6 Likes

I will have some pics this coming week as it is Spring Break for both my wife and my school systems, but I have gotten back onto the 3 Panda German SPGs. I have painted the road wheels, OVM tools and radio sets and whatever other stuff that wasn’t camouflage-colored. They still need decals and tracks but I should have them all done by the end of next week.

Repainted the ‘violet’ part of my Mustang spectrum build so all I have to do is put in the windshields, drop the interior inside the body and attach the bumpers.

I really need to finish the driver of the L4500 truck so I can close the driver’s cab, so I think I will focus on that over the week.

3 Likes

I won’t post pictures of my work on the Pit-Road Triple 25mm AA Gun as it’s for the “Land of the Rising Sun” campaign.

As for the Ducati, I think I need to re-mask and repaint the left frame. I put a little too much mask on and paint didn’t get to some areas.
DSC00479

6 Likes

Had plans, but they changed.
SWMBO has got me re-grouting and resealing the shower. Spent all day removing the old stuff and cleaning ready for the first round tomorrow.
Absolute pain in the rear end of a job. I’d rather be building something from photo-etch.

7 Likes

Working on some Russian armor. Slow progress on my Dragon SU-100.

10 Likes

I have a feeling your going to mud this one. maybe?

1 Like

I have pigments from VMS to create varying degrees of mud. Wheels are not glued to permit painting and mudding of the running gear once I reach that state.

1 Like

Mudding ye ole Panther D to hid punch marks? Never, I refuse to do that. Other folks should of course do what works for them.

I’ll try to explain my view, hopefully without coming across as too much of a pompous a$$hat.

While I don’t compete anymore, my inner contest modeler won’t allow mud in an attempt to hide construction flaws. The discerning judge’s eye can often spot that “trick” for what it is in my experience. Things may be different at contests these days but I’m very “1990’s IPMS” at heart with my models.

If the reworked kit tracks show punch mark flaws after painting and can’t be corrected of issues, the tracks will be discarded. They will be replaced with aftermarket white metal Fruils or Sector35.

The kit main gun looked like it would prove marginal due to a flat spot, I sanded into it. Rather than reputty and fix spinning in the lathe, it was discarded.

4 Likes

In terms of dioramas or vignettes, I try to capture what is in the reference material. That would be the reason for adding mud or dirt to a model. If I was building just the kit I would not use mud, but this is going into a diorama. The Dragon SU-100 is not a bad kit given its age, but I have several aftermarket sets for it. The Jaguar detail set, Aber barrel, and T-Rex workable tracks.

So I ordered the set that was recommended by someone Here and they arrived today. So Now I can wrap things up with the M-60A3

8 Likes

thought it might be heading towards being used in a diorama which all seem to go that way. I prefer a cleaner look also.

1 Like

Left frame masked once more.
DSC00480

And results.
DSC00486
DSC00487
The rectangular area could be cleaner. The other areas aren’t bad.

5 Likes

Today not much will happen, long time at work yesterday in the cold, so today I’m tired and a little sick. I will work on with the tracks, there will not much happen today.
Wish you all a nice day✌
I got a question, what’s the best glue to bring atak-zimmerit on the model? I saw a report, the guy used some stuff called “no more nails”, it looks yery good. What do you use?