What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Made up the roller / fairlead system for the logging arch boom -

9 Likes

A little setback on my M2A2 “Somalia” build.

While attempting to redo the rear wall of the vehicle; I accidentally broke the 3D printed rear idlers. After some choice cuss words. I decided to redo the lower hull altogether, which gave me time to start again fresh and using some of Gino’s advice on the rear wall.

I fashioned new walls from two pieces of 0.20 styrene glued together and sanded to fit, rather than chopping up the rear wall and risking a screw up on my part.

Also trimmed thf top hull per Gino’s advice.

I’ve decided to just leave the lower hull as Tamiya made it, so as not to drive myself crazy. Everything will be covered by the rear skirts, so nobody will care.

I’ll reuse the road wheels and maybe the drive sprockets (after drilling and gluing to fit).

Also had to pry the front lower glacis off the other hull and slightly damaged it in the process; hopefully I can fix that with some liquefied putty and elbow grease.

I’m not going to lose this build to my fat sausage fingers.

13 Likes

Oh, that’s cool. I guess I’d like it to be more accurate, but this is still just an idea that is far in the future for practicality…

1 Like

They were difficult sort of. BUT I finally got them in place. So all I need to do now. Is detailing and decals. And its finished.

1 Like

9 Likes

Worked on a base for one of my ship builds

8 Likes

I think, there is a special mash-version of this helicopter, I think it’s from revell, but I’m not sure. I just see, you still got the info, first reading, then writing…

1 Like

As I said above, the Revell 1/35 M* A* S* H version is not correct for either the TV show nor an actual helo used in the Korean War.

6 Likes

Today and tomorrow I will preper the upper hull for zimmerit, saturday I will get some “no more nails” and fix it

Tomorrow and Monday is public holiday in germany, so it’s enough time, I hope.
Nice weekend to you✌

6 Likes

Made up the cable guides for the boom .

Details here -

9 Likes

It goes on, there is not much work on the parts, they get together well

6 Likes

Did I mention about replacing the plastic UHF antennas with small pieces of guitar string?

7 Likes

Today I did a try on a packed Gr. Floßsack 34:

Took dimensions and packing procedure from a Bulgarian Manual I own.

Built the floor of the dinghy from wooden coffee stirrers, aligned them and tacked them with 3 strips of artist’s masking tape.The tape is grippier than Tamiya so I could roll the floor without planks falling apart.

Next I took a thin rubber glove, cut all the fingers and cut the palm part open.

I used the fingers to represent the inflatable boards and to give volume to the rolled up dinghy, while the tarpaulin was made from the palm piece.For gluying I used only PVA glue.

The packed Gr. Floßsack 34 will go into the load bed of the Bulgarian Magirus S330 truck I’m building for the Convoy GB.

Cheers,
Angel

13 Likes

Did my washes today – kinda messy, but oh well. I like how it turned out.

9 Likes

Let the wife loose, with the airbrush,

10 Likes

Yesterday I made 1:35 scale turnbuckles for a WW2 era US 155mm M1918 GPF Gun.

18 Likes

Nice ! I like the filed through tube for the turnbuckle body .

1 Like

Still things to preper but monday is also time to build, so I’m confident to can fix the zimmerit this weekend

I watched the video again, it seems to work very well and easy.
Have a nice day✌

5 Likes

@ Angel. That bag technique is cool! I need to try that. … Just gotta’ remember to take the glove off before hacking at it! :hocho::sweat_smile:

—mike

5 Likes

Mike,

I’m sure you’ll need scissors to cut through the rubber/latex glove, long ones(the bastard keeps turning and misaligning) :wink: :beer:

Today I built a lifebelt and a pair of saddle planks for the gr. Floßsack 34

They’ll go into the loadbed of the Magirus S330 truck too.

Cheers,
Angel

7 Likes