What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Primed a few of the sub-assemblies for the Haunebu IIb space-orama.
Tamiya (87064) Fine Grey Surface Primer.

—mike …:flying_saucer:

8 Likes

Still some preperations for the zimmerit

I did’nt realiced all the sinking holes to fill, I did it yesterday and work on the parts today
Good time for you✌

5 Likes

Nothing. Not a danged thing for several days. Lost mojo? Pain keeping me from the bench? 3 x dogs? Wife? House? Yeah, a bit of each. :face_with_head_bandage:

Maybe later???

Mike

5 Likes

Attack of the Hairy Stick. Detail painting on the Tiger Models Nagmachon:

19 Likes

I have changed my plan from “fixing the zimmerit” to “start fixing the zimmerit”.

First step is to find the place for every little part of the zimmerit, there is no instruction or anything. I don’t think it’s a problem, but it takes some time. Maybe I would be a little faster, when I could work on my model in a different room where I would be more concentrated, but when I went to another room my girlfriend will make revolution😂
Have a nice day✌

7 Likes

For the load of my Magirus S330 truck, I built 2 connecting planks.
They connect the saddle planks and prevent them from moving sideways. Used Dragon’s gr. Floßsack 34 to double check sizes from my Manual:

Everything matched perfectly!

Then I started building some accessories for the bridge:

• 6 handrail posts
  • 2 floats for the anchors
  • 8 decking clamps

Soldered the Bridge Accessories Box from brass sheet, used some PE leftovers from my spare box:

Filled the Bridge Accessories Box(need to add 3 bundles of ropes):

Those were 4 good days of rest and modellbuilding,

Cheers,
Angel

17 Likes

The “no more nails”- stuff works great, clean and fast

That was really easy to made, some parts will come today on the model.
Have a nice week :v:

7 Likes

Did you have to thin the No More Nails? Or just use it straight from the tube?

1 Like

Amazing work Angel!

2 Likes

I have’nt thin it, just a thin layer on the part, finished. There is enough time to move the part on the right position before it’s dry

1 Like

@ Angel. Cowabunga dude! :ocean: :ring_buoy: :love_you_gesture:

—mike

3 Likes

Matt, Mike-thanks for your kind words!

I have a heavy crush for bridgebuilding related stuff, just can’t help myself :wink:

:beer:
Angel

2 Likes

I have seen a diorama with the Floßsack moving a Horch-“Kübelwagen” over a river, in the “steelmaster”-magazine I think. That was great. Your work with the PE-Parts is very good, I’m really impressed👍

1 Like

I’d planned to get started painting in the new hobby room today for the first time. It’s been nearly two years since doing any meaningful painting. Room’s been vacuumed, dust wiped, booth cleaned and new air filter.

Discovered the dryer duct isn’t long enough for venting at the bottom of the window.

Looks like its off to Lowe’s this afternoon…on the bright side the cats like the “new door”…it’s even Jessie approved…

5 Likes

Finally completed the tracks on my M-10 GMC.

One step closer to completion.

14 Likes

After spending a couple of days relocating to a new hobby room, I had my first build session in the new space. I added the spades and more details to the trails of the US WW2 155mm GPF gun.

12 Likes

Boredom a Tuesday; so I built this M113 FSV.

Wanted to build this one in honor of all Australian and New Zealanders that have sacrificed their lives in service of democracy for ANZAC Day.

IMG_5690

IMG_5691

The real deal in Vietnam.

14 Likes

A new hobby room? Well don’t be shy, show us your new domain!

3 Likes

Been working on two Japanese aircraft lately, hasegawa Jill and Frank. Masked the marking for Jill last night

Gonna do the same for the Frank in the coming days and then do the full painting on the weekend

12 Likes

Very nice turn-buckles Rick, I needed one for my last build but opted out of that one detail, now that I’ve seen yours and the process for making one I won’t be so reluctant next time, always glad to pick up on somebody else’s tricks of the trade.

Cajun :crocodile:

2 Likes