What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

@SSGToms , here is a shot of the new hobby room. My wife surprised me by moving out of her hobby room and moving into my smaller space. I’m mostly moved in now. I’m waiting for a set of shallow drawers to arrive and more organizers. This is going to be a much more efficient as I have everything in one room (except the stash).

19 Likes

Now that’s a studio! Nice set up, enjoy it! You do excellent work, you deserve a layout like that.

2 Likes

Not my workshop per se. I’m in Istanbul for work reasons and am planned to be here for 17 days. So I went to the nearest hobby store and bought me some basic tools and a cheapish kit. This is about 6 hours worth of work. Plan is to build all the subassemblies that I can without painting and hit the paint booth once I’m home. Thanks for looking.

Cheers :beers:

11 Likes

I went out to matte varnish my Kettenkrad model, and guess what? I ran out just as I was finishing. 1 week before I can go out and buy a new can myself… I’ll still go on with the mud and dust effects, though. I plan on some light dry mud, then dust with pigments, and finally, wet mud effects.

I also found this interesting photo (colorized by AI) of a muddy kettenkrad:

5 Likes

In the hour I had available today, I was able to ge the dry mud effects finished, and the items glued in place. The two guns, jerrycan, and ammo boxes have been glued in place. This model is finally coming together! Now all that is left is pigments and wet mud effects.

9 Likes

And its finished now

11 Likes

Got something for work in the future: a Hold and Fold PE tool. I need it to correct a bend in the PE for Meng’s ZU-23-2. :disappointed:
DSC00504

11 Likes

mine is a bit smaller and a mess.

11 Likes

Today I will work on the gun and everything what’s need for this part of the tank

And tonight is the american grand prix of moto gp, I’m happy about that, two german riders in the grid, Bradl and Folger, would be a nice race.
Have a nice day✌

9 Likes

:joy:
Don’t worry! That’s how a typical Man’s Cave looks like … :+1:
No women allowed inside … :wink:

2 Likes

Update.

14 Likes

A re-start of my Tempos after Easter. This is how the A400 looks like just before painting with the drivers door left open …

And now something completely different. A “side hobby” of me is making candles. This is my work of today. It’s from various left overs and made into a new candle. From this perspective it’s not easy to see that this candle has a height of 16 cm, a diameter of 6 cm and a weight of 320 grams. Will burn a couple of hours. The glitter is from left over christmas candles from my sister … :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

10 Likes

Worked on laying down the base color for the Panther D, tracks and painting two thousand wheels…lol

Doesn’t seem like much to show for three hours.

9 Likes

trying to get further done with both my Tigers.

13 Likes

Got a light?:bomb::fire: :boom:

Finished painting and assembling the ‘KLAW.’

—mike …:flying_saucer:

10 Likes

That was a good day, get some progress with the gun and a nice race in the evening.
Have a nice week :v:

2 Likes

Started work on a Tamiya Panzer IV Ausf. D

Already built most of it, but working on some details, like the spare tracks.

I know, I know; tracks are positioned the wrong way. Don’t care. Looks good as is for me.

This one will be an invasion of Poland build. I’ll probably buy another one like this and build is as a DAK Panzer.

15 Likes

A different way (outside vs inside) is only half the “issue” so to speak, the photo shows the tracks going inside the brackets and not the inside edge of the brackets. As always, you’re free to model as you choose. Thanks for the photo it is interesting.

5 Likes

Paint booth early today added highlight…

13 Likes